Beaujolais Nouveau Pours Thursday
On November 3rd of each year, over one million cases of Beaujolais Nouveau are shipped across the world in anticipation of the first taste of the new harvest. This Thursday the waiting will be over and it will be time to try this year’s Beaujolais Nouveau.
Join fellow Philadelphians in celebrating the third Thursday in November and the harvest’s first wine, with special deals and food pairings throughout the city.
- Midtown Village: The restaurants, bars and shops of Midtown Village go all out for the day with Georges Dubœuf.
- Vintage Wine Bar and Bistro: $7 a glass all night with silent auctions of gift baskets. A proceed of sales from the night will be donated to the Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy relief aid.
- All Three Tria Locations: Two Beaujolais options: Beaujolais Blanc Pierres Dorée, Domaine Pral, ’11 $6 or the Beaujolais Nouveau, Domaine Dupeuble, ’13 $6 being served all night beginning at 5 p.m.
- Bridget Foy: Domaine Marion Pral Beaujolais Nouveau or Domaine Marion Pral Beaujolais Nouveau Rose for $8 glass / $32 bottle. Also accompanying the Beaujolais are French classics like steak frites and crème brulee.
- McCrossen’s Tavern: Drink and be merry at McCrossens with $5 small plates paired with Beaujolais selected by chef Townsend Wentz who will also pair a Cru Beaujolais with a Beaujolais Rose.
- Bistrot la Minette: For $45 you can enjoy a four course tasting menu with Soupe à l’Oignon Gratinée (French onion soup), Blanquette de Veau (veal stew), Assiette de Fromage (cheese course) and Tarte au Noix (walnut tart) and a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau per couple.
- Chez Georges at Le Bec Fin: On Friday, November 16th, Le Bec Fin celebrates the new harves with a special prix fixe menu at Chez Georges. There will be seatings at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m., the 3-course meal will be $55.
- a.kitchen: The Rittenhouse Square spot has been pouring a variety of Beaujolais all week. Friday it will be Nouveau from Dupueble and JP Brum.