Magpie Bringing Sweet and Savory Pies to South Street
Magpie Artisan Pie Bakery & Boutique is coming to 1622 South Street this June. The twenty-seat bistro will include an eight-seat counter in a stylish bistro space.
Behind the pies is Holly Ricciardi who was an ad executive before turning fulltime to baking.
Savory Pies at MagPie
- Savory pie highlights will include:
- Croque Monsieur
- Spinach Dill Feta
- Ham Potato Leek
- Chicken Tarragon
- All savory pies will be served with a side of homemade pickled vegetables
Sweet Pies at MagPie
- Sweet pie highlights include:
- Sour Cherry Almond Streusel
- Salted Chocolate Meringue
- Orange Blossom Peach Raspberry
- Blueberry Cardamom Polenta
- Toasted Coconut Rum Cream
- Butterscotch Bourbon Custard
- New take on the Classic Shoofly
- Pie Fries are French-fry sized piecrust strips served with seasonal fruit sauces for dipping for $3 per order.
- Opening sauces include:
- A sweet strawberry rhubarb compote
- Rich bourbon peach puree.
- Ricciardi’s mom used to roll out her extra pie crust and bake off Pie Fries (At the Foobooz homestead we got cinnamon roll-ups with the leftover dough, but we dig what Ricciardi’s doing here.)
- $5 to $8 per slice
- $18 to $30 for whole pies
- Ricciardi is planning to introduce seasonal pie and beer or spirits tasting events, and a wholesale menu for catering weddings, mitzvahs and corporate affairs.
Magpie will be open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays
Magpie Artisan Pie Bakery & Boutique
1622 South Street