Year In Review: September
- In September Staphmeal created buzz and lawsuits.
- Did you check out these photos of Jose Garces’ Ottsville farm?
- The New York Times profiles Michael Solomonov.
- G Philly compiles a list of the Gayborhood’s best bartenders.
- We had a heck of a lot of fun searching for Philadelphia’s signature cocktail.
- We get rare photos of Pen & Pencil during the daylight. Thanks to a facelift, it isn’t even scary.
- Adsum ghosts exorcized by gastropubization.
- We try our first Federal Donuts doughnut at Feastival. We also enjoy Dark & Stormys from a keg.
- Far From Home Cafe’s Larry Comroe passes away.
Dish of the Month
Baby Octopus at Cuba Libre
“These char-edged baby octos could have swum through a child bride’s wedding ring. They could have been served on nickels without blocking the view of Thomas Jefferson’s ponytail. But they could not have been any more addictively delicious.” Trey Popp, Philadelphia magazine