Year In Review: March
Foie Gras Poutine at Adsum Photo by Jason Varney | Fussing with Forks
- Top Chef All-Stars came to an end and Fidel Gastro was there to recap the arduous affair.
- March saw the last of Dandelion’s reviews to come in, so it was time for another annotated menu.
- Victor Fiorillo hung out one afternoon testing Bloody Marys on a block of Sansom.
- Bart Blatstein locked Shola Olunloyo out of Olunloyo’s about to open restaurant.
- MTV’s The Situation made a guest appearance at the Franklin Mills Mall.
- L&I brought an end to late night street vending in Northern Liberties.
- Jason Sheehan announced as new food editor of Philadelphia magazine.
- The Inquirer got caffeinated with its big coffee package.
- Just about every blogger had a post about the Brewers’ Plate and why not? It is one of the best food/beer events of the year.
- Vetri went 100% tasting menus in March. Gone was the option of a la carte.
- We stress over which line to join, we went with the iPad 2.
- Kirsten Henri chronicles the breaking down of a 500 pound pig at Garces Trading Co..
- Headline of the month, if not the year; Cupcakes, Frosted with Rage.
- And in Upper Darby, one pizza shop owner went to another and left behind a rodent infestation.
Quote of the Month
“On critic alert, Dandelion’s diligent crew never even allowed the water glasses to get pessimistic.” – Adam Erace after being spotted at Dandelion
Farmers Cabinet, Gunners Run, Indian Restaurant, Mica, The Farm and Fisherman
Crocodile, Jolly’s Dueling Pianos