Tale of the Tape: Le Pain Quotidien
World wide chain Le Pain Quotidien opens its first Philadelphia location today at 9am.
- Serving traditional, hand-made breads and other artfully crafted baked goods
- Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Tableside service and take out
- Features a signature communal dining table
- High ceilings
- Rustic brick walls
- Classical music
- Reclaimed wood crafted into tables, chairs, counters and displays
- Original store opened in Brussels in 1990
- 150 outposts world-wide
- First American location opened in Manhattan in 1997
- Philadelphia is the fourth US Market following Los Angeles and Washington DC
- Elegant boulangerie fare
- Soups, salads, tartines (open-faced sandwiches), pastries, hand-made organic breads
- Breads baked fresh daily
- walnut loaves
- French rolls
- Menu Highlights
- Atlantic Smoked Salmon Tartine with chopped dill, scallions and avocado
- Organic Red Quinoa Salad with arugula, chickpeas and artichoke
- Mediterranean Platter of hummus, babaganoush and taboule
- Ricotta Tartine with mission figs, black pepper and organic acacia honey
- Quiche Vegetarienne with gruyere, spinach, mushrooms and leeks
- Prices range from $3.10 to $16.95
- Retail products
- Peruvian coffee beans
- Belgian chocolates
- Jams and fruit preserves
- Artisanal olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Full Menu (PDF)
- Specials Menu (PDF)
Le Pain Quotidien
Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. Â to 9 p.m.
Friday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday Â from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.