Year in Review: November
- Trey Popp throws the brakes on the critics’ love fest with Adsum.
- Mint.com provides some interesting insight on how Philadelphians spend their food/drink money.
- The Ghost of Mary is now a ghost, but the rest of theseÂ Bloody Marys are worth checking out.
- We post the Foobooz Top 50 Bars for 2010.
- We geek out to Fork & Barrel in East Falls.
- 41% of Foobooz readers admit they want to eat a McRib.
- We ask the question, should Stephen Starr consider the ‘burbs?
- Mark Coates of Bebe’s Barbecue brings his smoking skills to Fergie’s Pub.
- The Reading Terminal Market’s beer garden to get an overhaul. We offer our suggestions.
- Old City’s Chloe turns 10 and it is as good as it ever was.
- Are meatballs our latest comfort food darling?
- Pat’s Steaks blows our minds with this Thanksgiving themed ad.
- November was the month to sing the praises of Barbuzzo.
- Saturday afternoon means sugar overload at 10 Arts dessert bar.
- Owner turned chef situation works out at Avalon.
- Team Garces defeated Team Vetri in a Thanksgiving football game.
- We launch our Hawk Krall designed East Passyunk tote bag.
Dish of the Month
Meatball Noodle Soup at Nan Zhou
Tender, two-bite orbs of finely chopped pork and vegetables in a muslin-thin wonton wrapper, its slippery sensation against the tongue setting the meatiness of the balls off with ringing clarity. Brian Freedman, Philadelphia Weekly
Marketplace at East Falls