Year in Review: October
- Capogiro at UPenn adds some amazing cocktails.
- Pub & Kitchen unveils the Churchill burger, made with its own custom blend from New York’s La Frieda.
- The Night Market was too popular for its own good but it was still pretty awesome.
- We take a 360Âº tour of JG Domestic.
- Rick Nichols catalogs Korean tacos around town.
- We come to the rescue with a simple Halloween costume.
- The latest incarnation of the Happy Rooster gets some serious praise.
- We stroll through Midtown Village for a look at what’s happening.
- We admire the simple pleasures of a beer without gimmick.
- The west end of South Street proves to be a hotbed of development.
- Bryan Sikora lands in Allentown.
Dish of the Month
Ricotta gnudi at Adsum
I savored it under the awnings at Adsum, spearing each featherweight bite with seasonal comrades of sweet sautÃ©ed corn, heirloom tomatoes and leaves of licorice-y tarragon. The weather was not quite summer, not quite fall, a balmy breeze drifting through. Moments and dishes you donâ€™t want to end. – Adam Erace, City Paper
Quote of the Month
“In an untouchable virtual world, sidewalk cafes and food trucks and â€œnight marketsâ€ (another one is planned for spring) have emerged as concrete touchstones â€“ the social network made flesh and blood and turnip.” – Rick Nichols, Philadelphia Inquirer