Year in Review: September
- Foobooz readers had great opinions on a go-to beer.
- Guapos Tacos debuted at Amis Industry night.
- We provided a back-to-school guide for University City.
- It seemed like everyone was at Barbuzzo the second it opened.
- Stu Bykofsky gets grumpy old man on outdoor seating.
- Coffee shops can bring it in the food category too.
- Kevin Sbraga wins Top Chef.
- Sugar House opened and predicted huge food business even if it wasn’t high end.
- Craig LaBan held the presence of a mouse outdoors against City Tap House.
- Troegs three medals at the Great American Beer Festival were tops among local breweries.
- Deal sites were definitely a trend in 2010.
- Trey Popp gotÂ slutty for dosas.
- Former mob guy, Angelo Lutz sets up shop in Collingswood.
- Philly Mag sexily photographs 18 delicious sandwiches.
- Fall arrives and that means braising.
Dish of the Month
Pierogies at Adsum
[M]iraculous half-moons of slippery pasta dough filled with an ethereal puree of potato, topped with butter-fried onions and plated with sporadic dollops of smoky buttermilk. The iconic Polish comfort food was brought up to date without losing its sense of identityâ€”a brutally difficult trick to pull off. Brian Freedman, Philadelphia Weekly
Quote of the Month
“Strip Club Hopes to Make it Ta Ta Taj Mahal” – Foobooz