Year in Review: May
- Tracking who has good salads is never easy, luckily we had help.
- Ladder 15 gets new-found respect with David Ansill in the kitchen.
- The Street Team finds Banana Leaf is still one of the best spots to eat in Chinatown.
- The Philly Prizzasteak leaves us in awe.
- The Kitchen Sink at Green Eggs Cafe is a dense but satisfying breakfast.
- Hoof + Fin was one of the best under-the-radar openings of the year.
- Foobooz turned four in May.
- Bon Appetit puts the fried chicken at Resurrection Ale House among the ten best in the US.
- Craig LaBan gets a good restaurant near the office.
- Divan delights Adam Erace.
- Stephen Starr teased us again with his flirtation with the Broad Street Diner.
Dish of the Month
Dry Pot-style Fish at Han Dynasty
It’s a sweaty, chile-forward experience if ever there was one, but it’s also addictive. Remarkably, this dish doesn’t burn the taste buds so much as open them up to the complex blend of aromatic spices that lifts every ingredient – flaky fish fillet, snappy bamboo shoots, chewy mushrooms – to a lip-buzzing harmony. – Craig LaBan, Philadelphia Inquirer
Quote of the Month
A crabcake plate might as well have been a deconstructed salt shaker; the sodium content of the â€œChesapeake mousseâ€ and mustard sauce (not to mention the crabcake itself) was up there with emergency rehydration salts. – Trey Popp, City Paper