Year in Review: April
April featured all-you-can-eat sushi at Pod
- Vetri on Wheels, Marc Vetri’s food truck was announced on April 1st.
- We detail just some of the fun things you could buy for the same price as an iPad.
- Kirsten Henri named Philadelphia Magazine’s Food Editor.
- Shola announces Speck, we’re still waiting.
- iSportacus and Foobooz combine to name the best spots to watch the Phillies.
- Craig LaBan crushes Bobby’s Burger Palace. Crushes!
- The Foobooz Street Team discovers the Super Torta.
- Talula’s Table succeeds despite divorce.
- Tweeting trucks were all the rage in 2010.
- El Vez updates the Midtown’s bones but the Ranstead Room gets more of the buzz.
- City Paper finds the best tacos al pastor in University City.
- The Inquirer defines the Brunch Belt, we produce the map.
Dish of the Month
Lamb Tongues at Amis
Order lamb tongues. They are salt-brined for two days, braised on the third, then dipped in egg and bread crumbs on the way to the sautÃ© pan. Four slices the size of checkers come on a bed of salsa rosso that blooms in your mouth with such depth and smoothness youâ€™ll wonder what exotic subspecies of red pepper traveled how many thousand miles to be the base of it. Trey Popp, City Paper
Quote of the Month
[R]arely does a meal fall this short of the marketing hype…Â As for the burgers, the quality of the meat was pretty good, but they had a tightly packed consistency that gave them a pre-fab feel that would be unremarkable if you encountered it at your next block party. -Â Craig LaBan on Bobby’s Burger Palace.