Tale of the Tape: Khyber Pass Pub
The Khyber Pass Pub is the latest incarnation of the landmark Old City bar. The bar’s craft beer roots are being played up and the food has a definite Southern flair. Think of it as The Royal Tavern with a touch of Southern flavors. And that’s a good thing.
Read on for more, including what’s happening with happy hour.
- The front room is unchanged. The ornate old bar is still the overwhelming centerpiece.
- A new 20-tap draft system is in place
- The back or side room has been completely overhauled.
- The stage is gone and windows now look out to 2nd Street.
- Southern flavors
- Imagine the Royal Tavern in Louisiana or Mississippi
- Chef Mark McKinney (Royal Tavern, Dos Segundos)
- Southern favorites like:
- Fried chicken
- briskets and pork butts smoked for 12-14 hours
- Bar staples like:
- Vegans and Vegetarians are well taken care of:
- Grilled vegan sausage sandwiches
- Onion rings
- Fried greenÂ tomatoes
- Vegan popcorn
- Louisiana french bread comes direct from Leidenheimer Baking
- Like the Royal and the Cantina, vegans and vegetarians are well taken care of
- Khyber Pass Pub Menu
- Twenty beer taps
- Two beer engines
- Almost All-American selection
- Franziskaner is the lone European beer.
- Highlights include:
- Ballast Point Sexton Oatmeal
- Sierra Nevada Harvest
- Elysian Night Owl Pumpkin
- Victory Hop Devil
- Lost Abbey Avant Garde
- Founders Back Woods Bastard
- The Khyber’s happy hour was always a legendary bargain and it’s still a good deal.
- 4pm-6pm Monday through Friday
- $2 offÂ all drafts
- $1.50 domestic bottles
- $1 off everything else
Open 7-days a week
Serving food till 1am.