Day of the Dead at Distrito
OnÂ Tuesday, November 2 beginning atÂ 2:30 pm,Â Distrito will host aÂ Day of the Dead bash featuring two floors of fun, including DJs, face painters, affordable street food snacks and a special Herradura tequila dinner.
Downstairs at The Cantina the celebration will include street food specials such as:
- Esquites, sweet corn with queso fresco and chipotle mayo ($3)
- Nachos Ignacio, with black beans, poblano, queso mixto and pickled jalapenos ($7)
- Alambres, skewers, including hanger steak, shrimp and chicken ($6 to $7)
- Cans of Tecate and Modelo Especial will be available for $2 each
- Dos Equis Amber and Lager will be offered as $4 draughts
- Specialty cocktails will be priced at $5.
At 9 p.m., two DJs will spin and face painters will adorn revelers faces with â€œDay of the Deadâ€ skulls.
At 8 pm, a Day of the DayÂ Herradura Tequila Dinner will be hosted in the private dining room. The $65 per person dinnerÂ will begin with a cocktail reception, followed by a menu paired with tequilas:
Warm Lobster Cappucino with guajillos
Hiramasa Ceviche with blood ornage segments, radish, lime, jalapenos and micro arugula
Red Chile and Pork Tamale with Oaxacan black mole
Braised Goat with smoked bacon black beans and citrus salad
A portion of the proceeds from the Day of the Day celebration will benefitÂ Puentes de Salud, a non-profit organization thatÂ promotes the well-being of Philadelphiaâ€™s Latinos through low-cost, high-quality health care, community development and innovative education programs which reflect evolving partnerships among individuals, community organizations, and academic institutions.
Distrito [Official Site]