Kennett Square Mushroom Festival
The 25th year of the Kennet Square Mushroom Festival starts tomorrow and runs through Sunday. At the festival there’s everything mushroom under the sun:
- Mushroom ice cream
- Grilled, fried, and sautÃ©ed mushrooms in a variety of dishes
- Mushroom salads
- Mushroom Soup
- Fresh Mushrooms to take home
- Cooking demonstrations: Local and regional chefs will share their mushroom recipes
- Farm Tours: Take a tour of a local mushroom farm to see how button, crimini, portabella, maitake, oyster, enoki, and shitake mushrooms are commercially grown.
- Amateur Mushroom Soup Cook-off
- Soup and Wine Festival: On Sunday, plan to spend time sampling mushrooms soups from local restaurants, then vote for your favorite. Local wineries provide tasting samples .
- Shopping: With nearly 200 vendors along the streets of Kennett Square, thereâ€™s plenty of opportunities to find mushroom-related items.
Kennett Square Mushroom Festival [Official Site]