Steer & Beer Dinner at Bar Ferdinand
This Thursday Bar Ferdinand will offer aÂ Steer & Beer dinner featuring dishes using Prime Black Angus Beef from Gap, Pennsylvania’s Green Meadow Farm. The five course beef-centric meal will cost $45 per person, $65 per person with beer pairings from New Jersey’s River Horse Brewing Co.
The Steer & Beer Menu will include:
- A Mezze Plate of beef tartare,Â albondigas with spicy sofrito andÂ cecina, paired withDouble Wit Belgian-style Witbier, a thirst-quenching wheat beer with aromas of lemon, wheat and coriander;
- Roast Beef Bocadillo with horseradish aioli and beef jus, paired withÂ River Horse Lager, an unfiltered, refreshing lager with sweet, bread-y malt notes and a light touch of herbal and citrus hops;
- Seared Scallops over Beef Shank Ragu with, saffron spaetzle and asparagusÂ a la plancha, paired withÂ Special Mild English Ale, a deep copper colored ale with aromas and flavors of toasted caramel;
- Braised Beef Belly with sunny side up egg, shavedÂ mojama and organic mixed mushroomsÂ a la plancha, paired withÂ Hop-A-Lot-Amus Imperial IPA, a spicy hop-flavored ale with notes of orange rind, white pepper and brown sugar;
- Apricot Tarte Tatin with crÃ¨me fraiche ice cream and pink peppercorns, paired withÂ Tripel Horse Belgian-Style Tripel, a rich, robust beer with aromatics of nutmeg and vanilla and a moderately dry finish.
Bar Ferdinand [Official Site]