Tale of the Tape: Kraftwork
The Adam Ritter operated Kraftwork is set to open tomorrow at Montgomery and Girard Avenues. It’s all about art and industry at the Fishtown bar that will swing its doors open at 5pm with 25 beers on tap and a menu from former Bar Ferdinand chef Michael Thomas.
It’s one of the best looking bars we’ve set eyes on in years.
- Sculptor Andrew Jevremovic built the interior.
- U-shaped bar
- Giant saw hanging from exposed I-beam over the bar
- Maple bar with matching bar stools
- Huge mining augers and over-sized wrenches adorn walls
- Walls have been stripped down exposing layers of history including brick, plaster and fleur-de-lis adorned wallpaper
- No hooks at the bar but the stools have a convenient area for purses and bags
- Chef Michael Thomas’ menu resembles a blue print with sections named:
- pre-project plan (appetizers)
- design team agenda (small plates)
- production schedule (sandwiches)
- side notes (sides)
- finishes (dessert)
- Highlights include:
- Cripy Pork Terrine (more of a croquette)
- Beer Can Chicken Sandwich (with long hots and sharp provolone)
- Pork Krispy Treats (marshmallow, chocolate, bacon)
- Food Menu [Meal Ticket]
- 25 beers on tap including one on cask.
- Menu displays brewery/make/model/serving size/price.
- Avery Karma
- Bell’s Oberon
- New Holland Dragon’s Milk
- Hitachino Nest Ginger
- Elysian The Wise
- Ballast Point Victory at Sea
- Kraftwork sells logoed growlers for $10.
- Fills are available for select beers
- $10 – $17 for a fill.
- Custom Cocktails named for famous architects
- Gio Ponti – Campari, honey, fresh orange, pilsner
- Antonio Gaudi – Spanish brandy, cream sherry, orange bitters
- 8 wines available by the glass
- Drink Menu [Meal Ticket]
541 E Girard Ave
More on Kraftwork