Tale of the Tape: Garces Trading Co.
Garces Trading Co. has opened at 1111 Locust Street. It is the sixth Philadelphia endeavor for Iron Chef Jose Garces. The gourmet market and cafe will be open daily selling house-made and imported foods as well as serving as a restaurant featuring Garces’ award winning cuisine in a more casual atmosphere. You can even get Village Whiskey burger blend to go!
- The gourmet market sits at the base of the Western Union Building just off the corner of 11th and Locust.
- Designed by longtime Garces designer Jun Aizaki of CrÃ¨me DesignÂ Collective.
- Seats 75.
- Flower stall, cheese station, charcuterie station, bakery and wine shop line the outside of the seating area.
- White subway tiles reminiscent of Village Whiskey.
- Wooden topped cafe tables
Food to Go
- Garces has started his own Garces Trading Company featuring spreads and toppings like you’d find at Garces’ restaurants.
- Truffle Lavender Honey
- Roasted Garlic de Leche
- White Sangria Honey
- Cheese Section offers European and domestic cheeses.
- Free samples of cheese and wine pairings are suggested on the signage.
- Oil and Vinegar bar offers 14 selections of which to sample and purchase.
- Two Stouffers-style boil in a bag options are available to go. These offerings will change weekly and today include:
- Camerone Enchilado
- Coq au Vin
- House-made charcuterie can be sliced to go or served on a sandwich.
- Village Whiskey burger blend available to go, $13 a pound (See photo).
- House-baked breads.
- Garces Trading Co. also has its own line of coffees.
Food to Stay
- Table Service available for lunch and dinner.
- Chef Adam DeLosso mans the kitchen.
- Menu includes antipasti, soups, salads, sandwiches, pasta and pizza.
- Jose Garces also has included a deep dish pizza on the menu.
- Top the pizza with:
- cipollini onion
- cremini mushrooms
- roasted peppers
- chorizo blanco
- house smoked bacon
- sausage de toluse
- Top the pizza with:
- Plats Du Jour
- Monday – Coq au Vin
- Tuesday – Cassoulet
- Wednesday – Grilled whole bronzino
- Thursday – Bouillabaisse
- Friday – Paella Valenciana
- Saturday – Cote de Boeuf
- Sunday – Lasagna
- Menu (PDF)
- First collaborative wine boutique with PLCB.
- Store within a store is separated behind glass walls and has its own register and hours.
- Monday – Saturday, 8am to 10pm; Sunday, noon to 5pm.
- 200 wine varieties
- Some wine will be exclusive of the store
- Wines will be primarily Spanish, French and Italian.
- Some spirits are also available for purchase.
- Wines can be bought and enjoyed on the premises.
Garces Trading Co.
1111 Locust St
Monday – Friday, 7am to 10pm
Saturday – Sunday, 8am to 10pm