Year In Review: June
We’ll be looking back at the year in Foobooz. June, 2009, a month where Philadelphia finally got its German back.
- What posessed Craig LaBan to try KFC’s Kentucky Grilled Chicken?
- Oyster House is reborn on Sansom Street.
- 610 WIP names Paesano’s hoagie the best in the Delaware Valley and dashes our hopes for late night Paesano’s.
- The Fountain at the Four Seasons retains it four-bells in a revisit by Craig LaBan.
- Here’s a review we didn’t see coming, Adam Erace’s praise for Old City’s Bocca.
- Rick’s Steaks opens at the food court in the Bellevue.
- From one of the tubes that makes up the Internet dropped the Happy Hour Spreadsheet. A painstaking work of local happy hours.
- Le Bec-Fin tried a lot of gimics in 2009, none more intriguing than its pay what you want promotion.
- The Flying Fish Exit series gets the NJTPK people grumbling.
- Rick Nichols follows Stephen Starr on a pizza fact-finding mission up the East Coast.
- The Great Philly Cheesesteak Book is really great.
- Craig LaBan experiences the fried chicken lunch at Meme.
- Marc Bee’s Silk City Beer Garden starts to get some notice.
Dish of the Month
Pulled pork sandwich at Bebe’s Barbecue
Coates so overloads the soft roll, you canâ€™t help having visions of the rusty red stains awaiting your clothes. But the bun, itâ€™s like a sponge for the vinegar-tipped Lexington, Carolina-style sauce, a Memory Foam mattress for the 16-hour smoked pork shoulder, contouring to the heap of unctuous tatters. Adam Erace, Philadelphia Weekly