Year In Review: April
We’ll be looking back at the year in Foobooz. Today we’ll recap April, May and June. April is up first.Â
- Someone calls Grace Tavern psychadelic!
- We offered Stephen Starr lots of help in naming his Franklin Square Burger stand, in fact one commenter nailed the name.
- Q BBQ & Tequila Bar opened and finally answered the question, “how much for one rib?”
- In another He Said, She Said, we debate whether Old City is really over.
- Chris Leonard closes the Tiedhouse and goes out with guns blazing.
- Rick Nichols visits Shank’s & Evelyn’s before it closes out of its 10th Street storefront.
- Q.T. Vietnamese Sandwich got our feet in motion towards the Chinatown banh mi sandwich shop.
- Is dressing up down for the count? We discuss.
- Center City District breaks out the state of Center City restaurants.
- What all went wrong at Villanova’s Maia.
- Starr’s pizza plans come out.
- We start showing up in Philadelphia Magazine’s Restaurant Club blog and newsletter.
Dish of the Month
Chifa Chicken at Chifa
Garces and Williams treat the Chifa Chicken like a duckâ€”a Peking duck, that is. They poach, hang and lacquer half an air-chilled Giannone bird in molasses, soy, vinegar and spices for six hours straight. Roasted crisp and juicy, the chicken is paired with bok choy, almonds and soy consommÃ© for one of the most flawless, flavorful roast chickens in town. Adam Erace, Philadelphia Weekly