Gluttony Is Good
What can you say after another Wing Bowl? All that meat, avian and otherwise.
San Jose resident Joey Chestnut won his 3rd straight Wing Bowl with a record 241 Wings. Patrick Bertoletti finished second with 227 and El Wingador finished with 205.
Some other facts and figures:
- The previous record for wings was 183 set by Chestnut last year.
- 30 contestants competed . 9 were “professional eaters” while the other 21 were picked after performing eating feats for WIP.
- Joey Chestnut won a Toyota Tundra and 2008 Harley Davidson Black 883 Sportster.
- This was the 16th Wing Bowl.
- Over 20,000 were in attendance.
- Tickets sold out back in December in under 45 minutes.
- The original Wing Bowl was held in 1993 at the lobby of the Windham Franklin Hotel.
- PJ Whelihan’s supplied the wings.