The Year in Review – October 2007
We’ll be looking back at the year in Foobooz. Today we take a look back at October 2007.
Dish of October
Violet Crumble Milkshake at Ants Pants Cafe
Words cannot do it justice. Itâ€™s too small by far. I ordered two of them this morning. Get it with the whipped cream, itâ€™s the real stuff. I could try for hours to describe it but Iâ€™m not going to because Iâ€™ll get hungry for it again. Go get one!
- Lew Bryson makes an impassioned plea for more brew pubs.
- You don’t want to run afoul of L&I and a curmudgeon.
- Coquette experimented with drive-in dining.
- Craig LaBan gets the Salento buzz kicked up into overdrive.
- Phillyist falls in love with JAMES.
- We can trace the rush on Talula’s Table reservations to this Craig LaBan’s pseudo-review.
- Six local breweries and brew pubs brought home hardware from the Great American Beer Festival.
- Matyson’s chef and co-owner Matt Spector headed out to California.
- Bacon vodka? Yeah, bacon vodka!
- Craig LaBan goes off the grid with his review of Memdee’s.
- Frugal foodies rejoice over the announced reopening of Minar Palace.