The Year In Review – September 2007
We’ll be looking back at the year in Foobooz. Today we take a look back at September 2007.
Dish of September
Calamari at the Sidecar Bar & Grille
This was probably the best cooked calamari Iâ€™ve ever had. Perfectly cooked to give it the perfect texture. I donâ€™t know how they timed this so perfectly. And the kicker was the dipping sauce that came with it. It wasnâ€™t a regular old marinara, it was slightly mexican-ish in flavor. Man, it was a perfect complement. I could have eaten this stuff with a spoon.
- Little Fish is still a satisfying surprise.
- A newcomer to Philadelphia gives 30 reasons to love Philadelphia.
- Philadelphia Magazine calls Zot’s mussels the best.
- The Inquirer starts the Food and Drinq blog.
- Gasp! 63% of you think cheesesteaks are overrated!
- Foobooz publishes its 2,000th post.
- Hey New York, the gastropub, that was us. And San Fran knows it.
- Puke and Pay was one of our most read articles of the year. People just love hating on Penn students.
- Silk City was on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives but the kitchen drama should have been on The Young and the Restless.
- Vesuvio’s Cheesesteak BLT is named best sandwich in America.
- And since everyone was wondering, what’s next for Stephen Starr.