The Year In Review – June 2007
We’ll be looking back at the year in Foobooz. Today we take a look back at June 2007.
Dish of June
Tacos Al Pastor from Los Taquitos de Puebla
The pork was spicy and flavorful, while lacking that oily quality that often accompanies pork. Wrapped in corn tortillas, the filling included onions, cilantro and pineapple, which gave the tacos a uniquely sweet twang.
- Haven’t heard anything more on this rumored sale of a Fairmount landmark.
- The Chef’s table at Talula’s debuts and David McDuff was there. Make sure you read as it is probably as close as you’ll get.
- City Paper had six Bloody Marys worth noting.
- Â¡Pasion! closes its doors for good.
- Changing locations didn’t detract from Tre Scalini as it got a solid review from Craig LaBan.
- The Sopranos finale may have left a bad taste in your mouth. But the diner’s onion rings are the real deal.
- Silk City reopened to plenty of fanfare.
- City Paper declares Blackfish a BYO worth venturing out of the city for.
- Who knew comparing a sushi place to a Toyota Prius was a good thing.
- Philadelphia also said goodbye to Astral Plane in June after 34 years in business.
- It may not excite you in January but remember Xochitl’s â€œfrozen beerâ€ come summertime.