The Year In Review – April 2007
We’ll be looking back at the year in Foobooz. Today we take a look back at April 2007.
Dish of April
Soft Pretzels from Fisher’s Soft Pretzels
Kneaded into form by an assembly line of young Amish women, then baked and shoveled into the waiting bin. Youâ€™re asked if you would like yours with butter or not. Say yes. Decadence is its own reward. The fresh crisp crust on the outside breaks way to steaming warm bread on the inside. The butter, salt and pretzel all melting on your tongue. Thereâ€™s no other pretzel that even comes close.
- March may have been the official month of Tinto but it was still the top search term in April and we even had a video featuring Jose Garces discussing the Basque restaurant.
- As cool as the day we posted it, a Google map of Craig LaBan’s 76 favorite restaurants.
- Michael Klein explains what makes the chowder at Legal Sea Foods so darn good.
- Hey do you know Oceanaire has an outdoor patio? Well you would have if you were reading Foobooz back in April.
- In April we bid adieu to Zanzibar Blue which closed and was suffering from tax troubles.
- The Food Network had an awards show and the local winner was Citizens Bank Park!
- The New York Times’ Frank Bruni was in Philadelphia and enjoyed Amada and got some attitude from John’s Roast Pork.
- A whopping 95% of respondents think Craig LaBan’s bell rating system is cracked.