The Year In Foobooz – February 2007
We’ll be looking back at the year in Foobooz. Today we take a look back at February 2007.
Dish of February
The Focaccina pizza at Osteria
Stuffed with robiola cheese, and covered with the same crunchy paper thin crust that serves as its base, the pizza is then drizzled with truffle oil. The first bite has you at ease with paying $24 for a nine inch pizza, the last bite has you plotting your return visit.
- The Five Spot burned to the ground in Old City.
- Rick Nichols tries to recreate the sopa Azteca from Xochitl.
- Osteria opened in February and somehow Marc Vetri’s spot held up to the hype, even inspiring a love letter.
- Brunch doesn’t have to mean standing on the sidewalk for an hour. The Sidecar serves up a mean brunch without the wait.
- Locavore may have been the word of the year according to but for our money our word is meatgasm. The kind you get after a night at Fogo de ChÃ£o.
- Philadelphia Weekly looked at what’s next including in food and drink. We’re still waiting for that Lucky Strike roof deck. Oh and Copa Miami, wasn’t so much next as next to go.
- Craig LaBan was sued for libel in February. It was intriguing then, now it just seems ridiculous.
- Beer Lass Suzy Woods names her 12 favorite beers.
- February was the month we learned that Deux CheminÃ©es was calling it quits and chef/owner Fritz Blank was headed to Thailand.