Team Tony Williams: We Had $426,000 on Hand at End of 2014
(Editor’s Note: For our analysis of this year’s record-low fundraising by Philadelphia’s mayoral candidates, check out Patrick Kerkstra’s report. Holly Otterbein also has a report on the neck-and-neck fundraising in the 2nd Council District race.)
[Update, 3:42 p.m.] State Sen. Anthony Williams, the presumed frontrunner in the mayor’s race, had nearly $426,000 on hand at the end of last year, according to his campaign spokesman Albert Butler. We have not yet obtained Williams’ finance report.
[Original, 2:20 p.m.] Happy Campaign Finance Reporting Day!
By the end of today, Philadelphia’s mayoral candidates must disclose how much money they raised in 2014. We’ve got our hands on a few of the reports so far. Here’s what we know right now:
- Jim Kenney, who is launching his mayoral campaign this week, raised about $236,000 in 2014. He had almost $76,600 on hand at the end of the year.
- Ken Trujillo, who dropped out of the mayor’s race in January, raised about $368,000 in 2014. He had nearly $194,500 on hand at the end of the year.
- Nelson Diaz, who is a for-real declared mayoral candidate, raised nearly $88,000 in 2014. He had almost $79,500 on hand at the end of the year.
- We haven’t received Lynne Abraham‘s finance report yet. But her campaign says she raised $549,000 between Jan. 1, 2014 and Jan. 31, 2015, and currently has $410,000 on hand. That’s not apples to apples: The figures noted above are the amounts candidates raised between Jan. 1, 2014 and Dec. 31, 2014, because that is what they must report today. So Team Abraham may be hedging.
As expected, the reports show that the candidates are raising much less money than in past mayoral elections. We’ll be updating this post throughout the day as more candidates file their reports.
- check out Patrick Kerkstra’s report: https://www.phillymag.com/citified/2015/02/02/philadelphias-dollar-store-election/
- has a report: https://www.phillymag.com/citified/2015/02/02/kenyatta-johnson-vs-ori-feibush-campaign-fundraising/
- presumed frontrunner: https://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/11/20/tony-williams-philadelphia-mayoral-campaign-fragile-juggernaut-campaign/
- Campaign Finance Reporting Day: https://www.phillymag.com/citified/
- launching: https://www.phillymag.com/citified/2015/01/29/jim-kenneys-goodbye-speech-says-mayoral-chances/
- dropped out: https://www.phillymag.com/citified/2015/01/21/ken-trujillo-just-dropped-mayors-race/
- for-real declared mayoral candidate: https://www.phillymag.com/citified/2015/01/15/nelson-diaz-mayor-announcement/
- Lynne Abraham: https://www.phillymag.com/articles/lynne-abraham-can-woman-win-philadelphia-mayors-race/
Source URL: https://www.phillymag.com/citified/2015/02/02/ken-trujillo-raised-368k-last-year/
Copyright ©2019 Philadelphia Magazine unless otherwise noted.