Report: Nelson Agholor Will Not Be Charged
UPDATE NO. 2: Les Bowen of the Daily News says Nelson Agholor will not be charged with sexual assault.
RE @MarkEckel08 report on DA announcing Friday if Nelson Agholor will be charged, source close to situation tells me no charges to be filed.
— Les Bowen (@LesBowen) July 14, 2016
UPDATE: The District Attorney’s office informed Philadelphia magazine that, contrary to an NJ.com report, they will not make an announcement about Agholor on Friday.
Nelson Agholor will find out if he’s being charged with sexual assault on Friday, Mark Eckel of NJ.com reported. Philadelphia magazine’s David Gambacorta reported last month that a 27-year-old dancer at Cheerleaders Gentleman’s Club accused the 23-year-old Eagles receiver of raping her inside the club.
According to Eckel, Philadelphia District Attorney Seth Williams will make his decision and announce it on Friday, but it’s unclear whether there will be a formal press conference. Eckel also reported that Philadelphia police came to the conclusion that no charges should be filed against Agholor, although Williams will make the final determination.
Agholor’s attorney, Fortunato “Fred” Perri Jr., previously said Agholor did not commit a crime.
“We’ve been in touch with the investigators, but I can’t comment on the progress of the investigation,” Perri said last month. “It’s always difficult when something like this happens. [Agholor] has been staying close with his family and doing the best he possibly can.”