Have You Seen the Awesome Be Well Boot Camp Lineup This Year?!
Guys, I’m know I’m biased and all, but seriously—have you seen the amazing lineup we have for this year’s Be Well Boot Camp? I mean, we’ve totally outdone ourselves for the June 8th event.
Let me count the ways:
• Ploome’s Christina Stoltz and Devin Freeman will be joining us for a Lady Gaga-themed hip-hop dance workout. You’ll learn amazing choreography, break a serious sweat, and do it all to some awesome Gaga tunes. Christina will also be leading a mat Pilates class if that’s more your speed.
• BWP contributor and fab personal trainer Brian Maher will answer all your burning questions about whether you should hit the cardio machines or free weights at the gym—or maybe both? He’ll explain what kinds of workouts are best for your fitness goals, and give you tips on how to optimize your gym time (because, really, who has hours to spend at the gym, anyway?).
• Melissa Weinberg and Carrie Gero will host two (2!!) Lithe Method classes at this year’s Be Well Boot Camp. If you’ve never given this über-popular workout a try—seriously, people flock to these amazing classes!—here’s your chance.
• You know all those embarrassing sex questions you’ve always wanted to ask but never had the guts to? Yup, we’re getting ’em answered by sex-perts Elizabeth M. Zadzielski, chief of Einstein’s obstetrics and gynecology department, and Reina Marino, an MD and integrative- and lifestyle-medicine expert who specializes in hormonal balancing. These lovely ladies will talk about the connection between food and sex, and give tips for how to keep your body sexually primed at any age.
• Unite Fitness is going to run a Weights for Women clinic throughout the day, where you’ll fiiiiiinally get the instruction you need to feel confident in the weight room and get the results you want. Also in the fitness area, you’ll find experts from Moss Rehab and Philadelphia Runner, who will man ongoing Running Clinics to assess your gait and get you running right.
• Want to sharpen your healthy-cooking skills? Our Cooking Demo Stage will play host to amazing local chefs and nutritionists, who will show you how to make yummy veggie-centric dishes in our Almost Meatless session, allergen-free eats in Smart Food Swaps, healthful salads and dressings in Fast, Fresh, and Simple, and so. much. more.
Seriously, I could go on and on and on. My head is almost spinning with all the amazing options!
Be Well Boot Camp is Philadelphia magazine and Be Well Philly’s annual girls’ day out for health and wellness. Boot Camp is on June 8th at the Drexel Recreation Center in University City. Tickets are $25 (or you can buy three and get one free!), and include all fitness classes, panel discussions, demos and more, as well as breakfast and lunch. Get tickets here.