To Do: Seven-Day Raw Food Challenge with Unite Fitness
If you’ve been looking for a way to make big changes in the way you eat, Unite Fitness has an idea: try going raw.
A raw diet is based on the idea that uncooked vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts and seeds retain more of their vitamins and healthy enzymes than cooked vegetables, fruits, grains, nuts and seeds. Most of the time, it ends up looking like a vegan diet without cooking, so it can seem quite tricky (and maybe even a little intimidating) to take on. But it’s not without benefits: Adherents say eating this way can help decrease digestive problems, clear blemishes and aid in weight loss.
Because it’s easier to make big changes with a little help, Unite Fitness created a raw-eating plan you can follow for one week starting July 15th. It includes:
- A tele-class with juicing pro Ryan Crown.
- A week’s worth of menu planning/recipes on what to buy, what to eat, how to eat out, and more.
- Detailed info on a raw diet and the health benefits.
- Daily emails with information and motivational support.
- A Facebook group to connect with your coach and ask questions.
- Raw food grocery store tour at Whole Foods on South Street on July 14th at 11 a.m. before you start so you can see exactly what to buy.
In other words, they’re taking out a lot of the guesswork. Get more info and sign up by July 12th here.
$47 per person, unitefitness.com.
>> Have a health or fitness event you’d like to share with Be Well Philly readers? Email [email protected] with details.