Philadelphia Is the Least Healthy County in PA—Are You Surprised?
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation just released health rankings for every county in Pennsylvania, and guess what? Philly comes in Dead. Last. Womp, womp.
Via the Philly Post:
On virtually every metric–car fatalities and excessive drinking excluded–Philly ranks behind Pennsylvania’s statewide averages, and far behind its suburbs. To wit:
• Poor or fair heath: 20% Philadelphia vs. 9% Chester
• Obesity: 32% Philadelphia vs. 21% of Chester
• Physical Inactivity: 30% Philadelphia vs. 19% Chester
• Low Birthweight: 11.3% Philadelphia vs. 6.8% Chester
• Uninsured: 17% Philadelphia vs. 10% Chester