From Our Sponsor: Healthy Recipe: Hearty Beef Chili, Brought to you by UnitedHealthcare
Cooking onions, garlic and beef together adds extra flavor to chili. Reducing the amount of ground beef and adding extra beans and some vegetables turns this classic dish into a hearty but nutritious meal.
- 3/4 lb. lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cans (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 2 T flour
- 1 T chili powder (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 2 cans (15 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
For the full recipe and directions, visit UHC.com.