Wellness Tip of the Day No. 38: Eat With Awareness
Paying attention to how you eat helps you become aware of how much you eat. Think about these questions to become more aware of your eating style.
• Do you always eat on the run or when you’re driving?
• Are you a fast or slow eater?
• Do you eat what is served or pay attention to your hunger?
• Do you take large or small bites of food?
• What do you typically eat first? Vegetable, protein or starch?
• Do you go back for seconds if a food tastes good regardless of your hunger level?
• Do you wait until you are overly hungry before eating?
• Do you set aside a time and place to eat or continue what you’re doing (watching television, talking on the phone, working, etc.)