Weekend Roundup: Elicia Gonzales Teaches the Ins and Outs of Touching Yourself
FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: This month’s edition of sweat-sexy dance party Cutn Paste is expanding to take over the top two floors of The Bike Stop. Curated by Bare Roots/Teeth River and hosted by the aptly named Icon Ebony-Fierce, the inspired bash gets musical treatment from DJs Nolita Selector and Precolumbian. 9 p.m.-2 a.m., $5, The Bike Stop, 206 S. Quince St.
ALSO HAPPENING FRIDAY:
- Be sure to add this collection of queer artists to your First Friday art stroll
- Mingle with sword swallowers and doms and dommes at Fetish for Art
- Secret Cinema celebrates 21 years of screenings at a Cinedelphia Film Festival event
- Queer hip-hoppers Sgt. Sass are playing at the video release party for BS’s “Douchebag Aviators”
- Feel like a champion of the world at this fully staged Queen tribute
- The Notorious OMG hosts the Goddess Isis, Ann Artist and more at Thank Goddess it’s OMG!
SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT: It’s the the No. 1 safest way to have sex and the most fun stress reliever in the world, but the mere mention of the word “masturbation” will turn some peoples’ cheeks ablush like nobody’s business. Those people probably wouldn’t want to be friends with GALAEI executive director Elicia Gonzales (pictured, above). The sex-positive-promoting firebrand is leading an open discussion this weekend called “The Ins and Outs of Masturbation,” where she’ll talk about the social and cultural impacts of masturbation, dispel some of its stigmas and try to generate a discussion about the positive side of embarking on the self-love train. “I feel that if more people talk openly about masturbation [and feel comfortable doing it], there will be a less likelihood that they will engage in risky behaviors,” she says. “If somebody can get themselves off, they won’t feel the rush to go out and find somebody else to do it for them.” Smart lady. 1 p.m.-2 p.m., free, Penn LGBT Center, 3907 Spruce St.
ALSO HAPPENING SATURDAY:
- Philadelphia Family Pride and Camp Highlight are hosting a family fun day at William Way
- Rocco Yoga is all about freeing your inhibitions and letting your pent-up wild child fly
- The Greater Philadelphia Flag Football League kick off the start of their season at U Bar
- Support suicide prevention at Center City Cabaret’s benefit concert, Songs for Trevor
- Liberty City Kings celebrates gods and monsters at Vixens & Vagabonds Queer & Kinky Cabaret
- Get a peek at ICandy’s brand new Pub at the clubs second-anniversary party
- Philly queens Navaya Shay and Satine Harlow are invading Pro Bar in Atlantic City
- Martha Graham Cracker is returning to Joe’s Pub in New York City
Have an event you’d like featured on G Philly? Send details to email@example.com.