Boston cardiologist-turned Americana crooner Suzie Brown has a deep Philly connection — she was named on Philly Mag’s 2010 “Best of Philly’ list, and she recorded her debut album, Heartstrings, at MilkBoy Studios in 2011 — but her music is straight from the South, a catchy collection of Bluegrass strummers. She will release her sophomore album, Almost There, independently on May 6th. Listen to one of the album’s tracks, “Sugar Blues,” below.
- G Philly: El Malito Takes On Homophobes and Racists
- Ticket: Philly Band Sea People Record Punk Versions of South Park Songs
- Ticket: 8 Best 2014 Holiday Albums
- Ticket: WATCH: Philly Voice Finalist Duets With Adam Levine
- Ticket: WATCH: Man Treated to Private Concert By Bob Dylan
- Ticket: PHOTOS: Jingle Ball 2014
Be respectful of our online community and contribute to an engaging conversation. We reserve the right to ban impersonators and remove comments that contain personal attacks, threats, or profanity, or are flat-out offensive. By posting here, you are permitting Philadelphia magazine and Metro Corp. to edit and republish your comment in all media.