Family Fun Weekend in Washington, DC
For a fun weekend with the family in Washington, DC, we’ve outlined some great options for meals, sights, and hotel stays. Here are some suggestions for your trip with the family that’ll keep you and your kids entertained for the weekend in the nation’s capital:
For Family-Style Food:
- Check out former Top Chef contestant Mike Isabella’s Graffiato restaurant. Isabella spent significant time at Philly’s own Alma de Cuba and El Vez. At his DC restaurant, you and the family can get Italian-inspired eats for only $20!
- Stroll into Carmine’s on 7th Street, where you and the family can enjoy large, family-style portions of Italian classics like chicken parmigiana and lasagna.
For Family Fun:
- Treat your kids to a much more elaborate game of “I Spy” with a “Spy in the City” mission at the International Spy Museum. Equipped with a GPS-interactive device, you and the kids will uncover history, mystery, and several landmarks during your mission.
- Head to the Newseum, one of DC’s newest interactive museums. Parents can reminisce about the historic headlines on display, and the kids can test out their skills at broadcasting and photojournalism.
- You won’t have to turn straw into gold to pay for tickets to Bethesda’s Imagination Stage’s rendition of Rumplestiltskin. Tickets start at $10 for this classic running from now until March 16th.
For Kid-Friendly Hotel Stays:
- You and the kids will find plenty of reasons to like the Hotel Palomar. This boutique hotel has playful décor to go along with a friendly Dupont Circle neighborhood setting walking distance from the White House and National Mall.
- Another option for your overnight stay is Hotel Helix, which also has playful décor, is pet-friendly and even offers bunk beds in some rooms!
For more information on restaurants, attractions, and hotels for a family weekend in DC, please visit here.