Browse 100+ Date Ideas in Washington, DC
If you’re looking for something new; something different; something free from the repetition of your daily grind, grab your guy or girl and head to Washington, DC. Here are just 2 of more than 100 DC date ideas:
Date Idea 1: Classic Date Night
- Check into the boutique hotel, the Donovan House in downtown Washington, DC. Besides the enviable location, this hotel is lined wall-to-wall with huge windows and eye-catching furnishings.
- From there, head over to Chef Todd Gray’s Equinox where he has been serving up seasonal cuisine using locally-sourced ingredients for over a decade. The menu at Equinox combines Gray’s combines his love for the Eastern Sea Board with classical European techniques.
- After your bite to eat, walk down to the Phillips Collection and take in a collection that includes works by American and European masters such as Paul Cézanne, Edgar Degas, Winslow Homer, Henri Matisse, Georgia O’Keeffe, Pablo Picasso, Mark Rothko, and Vincent van Gogh.
- Once you and your date get your art fix in, try making your own culinary art on a plate. Head over to CulinAerie for a couples cooking class.
- If your attempt at cooking didn’t come out as great as you planned, head back to the downstairs at the Donovan House, home to Zentan, a pan-Asian bistro, where you can enjoy signature cocktails, Asian crudos or sashimi.
Date Idea 2: Italian Art and Cuisine Date Night
- Start your weekend off at the elegant Fairmont Washington DC, which offers a variety of packages for any occasion, big or small. The Fairmount is situated in Georgetown and boasts spacious and luxuriously rooms and suites, along with a complimentary breakfast, evening hors d’ oeuvres, an honor bar and private computer workstations.
- Once checked in, head over to the National Gallery of Art, home to Leonardo da Vinci’s “Ginevra De’ Benci” the only portrait of his in the Western Hemisphere. While at the gallery, be sure to check out “The Dying Gaul”, an ancient Roman masterpiece, on display thru March 16, 2014.
- When you and your date are done taking in a gallery full of Italian art, head over to Ghibellina on 14th Street to enjoy some classic Italian cuisine like pizza and house made pastas.
- After dinner, hop on the Circulator and head back to Georgetown to Dolcezza for some Sicilian Blood Orange gelato.
For more information regarding these date ideas and all the 100+ date ideas in Washington, DC, please visit here.