Date Ideas in DC for the Guy in Your Life
We’ve all heard the famous phrase “All men are created equal”, but we’re just not buying it when it comes to conjuring up creative date ideas. If it’s the pursuit of happiness that you’re after, then don’t be afraid to take the romantic reins and plan the perfect evening for you and your guy to enjoy.
Sometimes changing up the routine is a great way to reintroduce the reasons you started a relationship. During the month of February, hotels, restaurants and attractions throughout Washington, DC are offering great deals for couples looking to spend a weekend away together. If you’re not familiar with the area, we’ve mapped out a few fun ideas that might appeal to whatever kind of guy you’ve got!
For the Cool, Classy Music-Lover:
- Start your night with a romantic dinner for two, and enjoy some freshly made pasta at Filomena.
- For dessert, stroll down to Georgetown Cupcake, one of DC’s most popular cupcake shops.
- Work off those carbs with some live jazz music at the Blues Alley.
- Check in at the Graham Hotel, one of the newest hotels in Georgetown, when you’re ready to call it a night.
For the Tequila-loving Artist:
- Start your day with the National Museum of Women in the Arts, home to the portrait that Frida Kahlo gave to her lover.
- Spice up your afternoon with cerviche, fresh guacamole, and signature margaritas at Rosa Mexicano.
- Keep the spirits flowing with a stroll to Masa 14 where you’ll find the city’s largest selection of tequila and sake.
- Retire at Hotel Rouge where a room full of rose petals to cap off the night.
For the Frugal Foodie:
- Check in at the Fairmont Washington DC Hotel, which boasts an eco-friendly mentality by utilizing homegrown herbs and honey produced from its own garden and beehives, featured in its restaurant Juniper.
- Head out to Meeps in the Adams Morgan neighborhood, considered DC’s best vintage clothing store for some thrifty threads.
- Finish your day with a farm-to-fork style dinner at the Founding Farmers near the Georgetown Waterfront.
For several more date ideas for every kind of guy in your life, please visit here.