If you and your significant other have done all the cliché Valentine’s Day dates that there are to do in our city of brotherly love, perhaps it’s time to think outside the box of chocolates, and outside the state.
With Valentine’s Day less than a month away, there’s no better time to start thinking of a way to woo your boo that’s unlike any date night you’ve experienced before.
Only a quick two-and-a-half hour ride down Interstate 95, Washington, DC, may be the perfect weekend getaway you need! No car? No problem. Washington, DC is also easily accessible by train or bus from our area. The nation’s capital offers several unique experiences that won’t wilt over time, or have you dialing your dentist for an impromptu appointment like other Valentine’s Day gifts.
Any Philadelphian who enjoys the Parisian influence seen around our city is sure to love Washington, DC’s “Paris on the Potomac” date idea that incorporates the art, elegance, and romance associated with French culture.
- Begin your day by enjoying breakfast or brunch of French cuisine at Café du Parc at the Willard InterContinental.
- Take in the French art gallery at The Phillips Collection where you can see Renoir’s masterpiece Luncheon of the Boating Party firsthand.
- Stroll past the French-influenced architecture of the city on your way to the Old Post Pavilion for a view of the grand boulevards from its clock tower.
- Enjoy a three-course meal aboard the Parisian dinner-boat-style Odyssey vessel followed by three hours of dancing the night away amidst the panoramic views of the nation’s capital along the Potomac River.
- Stays at the Willard InterContinental or the Sofitel Luxury Hotel both provide authentic French architecture and amenities.
Whether you are looking for something different to do on Valentine’s Day weekend, or a fun and affordable way to cross off “Travel More” from your list of New Year’s Resolutions, click here for more info about unique experiences in Washington, DC.