The Second Annual Bubby’s Cook-Off
Lubavitch of Bucks County held Bubby’s Cook-Off at Vie Wednesday night where Philly’s best chefs competed for the title of Best Kosher Dish. Proceeds from the event went to The Friendship Circle Foundation and Lubavich of Bucks County. The Friendship Circle serves families of children with special needs.
The chefs included:
- Laura Frangiosa, co-owner and proprietress of the Avenue Delicatessen, who made a delicious chopped liver arancini with hearts of palm, celery and schmalz-aioli;
- Patrick Szoke, executive chef of Alla Spina, a Vetri family restaurant, who created a brisket stuffed cabbage;
- Sonny Pache, executive chef of Ocean Prime who made his veal and porcini mushroom kreplach;
- Rich Berardi, chef de cuisine of Rat’s Restaurant, a Stephen Starr property, who made a lamb shoulder with white bean puree, pickled beet salad and pistachio pistou;
- Jae Shin and Sterling Reitzel of Citron & Rose who made their pomegranate braised lamb shank.
Two top chefs competed in the Best Jewish Dessert, which took place on stage and was judged by the area’s most influential Bubbies, Rebbetzin Meriam Shemtov, Sharon Pinkenson co-chair (along with Joe Weiss), Hope Cohen and Marciarose Shestack. Master of ceremonies was Philly.com’s Michael Klein.