Breaking news, people: The folks over at Philadelphia Runner tell us they’ll be holding their spring sidewalk sale — complete with some serious discounts — at their University City outpost today, Thursday, May 11th, and tomorrow, Friday, May 12th, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. So you’re going to want to pencil a “meeting” into your work calendar and hop on over there at some point.
• A truly good sports bra, that doesn’t cut into you when you work out and actually provides support without suffocating you, can be hard to come by. That, it seems, is why women who spend much of their lives sweating are intrigued by Lululemon’s new sports bra, the Enlite, which runs at a pricey $98 and comes in 20 different sizes. And it’s got people talkin’ — first Well + Good gave it a rave review, and now two editors over POPSUGAR give it double thumbs up. [POPSUGAR Fitness]
We’ve all been there: You realize that maaaaybe you’ve been rocking that T-shirt that was once white, but is now leaning much closer to a gray or yellow hue, and those shorts with a hole in the crotch (that is becoming increasingly noticeable) a bit too long. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it might be time to update your workout wardrobe. So, to take the guesswork out of the shopping experience, we asked some folks who wear workout clothes for a living — local fitness instructors — to dish on the unexpected spots where they find their favorite workout gear, right here in Philly and the ‘burbs.
• BREAKING NEWS: Starbucks now slings a packaged avocado spread that you can put on anything and everything, from a bagel to make your own avocado toast to the feta egg wrap to, well, whatever else you want avocado on. (Everything? Okay then.) That said, it looks kind of weird in that it’s dark green and appears watery in photos, so maaaaybe don’t get too excited until you actually try it. [Eater]
• Over the holidays, New York magazine suggested their readers give the gift of the Squatty Potty — a stool that puts you into a squat-like position on the toilet, helping to, um, move things along. They were being entirely serious, because apparently, this thing is so great it negates any poop-related embarrassment that would occur upon opening. After reading their endorsement, I’ve heard people wax poetic about pooping stools on podcasts and all across the internet, including in this essay, where a woman who’s had yearlong problems in the bathroom praises the powers of the pooping stool. [POPSUGAR Fitness]
• If you are anything like me, late November is the time of year — every damn year — when you’re hit with the realization that you have a trillion gifts to buy and you have saved not-a-one cent to put toward the cause. Enter these Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals everywhere from Athleta to CorePower Yoga to Nike to save the day. [POPSUGAR Fitness]
Back in September, we told you guys that Lululemon was bringing the fourth location of their new concept store — the ‘local’ concept — to Fishtown. If you need a refresher (it’s been a long few days, we know), the new Lululemon location, dubbed The Local Fishtown, will be going in at 1424 Frankford Avenue, the former home of Kit and Ace. But it won’t just be any ol’ Lululemon store: The idea for the space is part hyper-locally focused store, part hub for the fitness community.
Back in September, the folks at Lululemon were a bit vague about what exactly we could expect from The Local Fishtown, but we just got a whole lot more information from them, and in short, it sounds like a mini Lululemon store with a community calendar on steroids. Think: yoga and meditation classes, workshops, speaker series, seasonal pop-up markets and more. Yep: It sounds like it will be pretty darn awesome.
Below, three things to know about Lululemon’s new Fishtown spot, including when they’re opening. (Hint: You’ll be able to see it for yourself before the month ends. Eeeee!)
You’re going to want to go ahead and cancel your lunch-break plans. You’ve got shopping to do: Starting at 11 a.m. today, Philadelphia Runner is having a surprise sidewalk sale at their University City store with tons of seriously marked-down apparel and shoes. We’re talkin’ brands like Mizuno, Oiselle, Brooks, The North Face, Gore, and more. Woot, woot! Read more »
• I bet you’ve never considered adding beans to your breakfast oatmeal, have you? Yeah, neither had we. But it’s a pretty genius way to up the protein factor and fiber in your breakfast, meaning your stomach will be less likely to be growling for lunch come 10 a.m. And once you mash ‘em up, they blend right in. [POPSUGAR Fitness] Read more »