“You have reached the number of a business that has closed.” That’s what you’ll hear if you call the phone number for Sugar Mom’s, the storied Old City bar at 225 Church Street. Read more »
Just when you’re feeling that Spring fitness program producing results this Saturday killing event comes and crushes you. It’s the Split Thy Skull Barleywine Fest at Sugar Mom’s. Looks like 12 different barley wines will be available from 1 to 5pm, including varieties from Victory, Stone, Founders, Rock Art and more.Â
Check out the list after the jump.
Through September 15th Sugar Momâ€™s is offering $2 Yards Philly Pale Ale pints from 4 to 8 PM. Also check out the new Sugar Momâ€™s t-shirts, theyâ€™re special!
Sugar Mom’s [MySpace]
City Paper lists their favorite bar fries and what kind of beer to wash them down.
- Locust Rendezvous – waffle fries covered in onions and jalapeÃ±os
- N. 3rd – Served with chipotle Asian chile mayo
- Nodding Head – With a side of bourbon jalapeÃ±o mayo
- Royal Tavern – Classic crab fries
- Sugar Mom’s – Intensely spicy Spanish fries
Bar Fries for Bar Flies [City Paper]