- Pre-holiday-shopping PSA: Stay away from these 30 horrible gifts at all costs, especially the smoking mittens. WTF. [Refinery29]
- Drexel students have just launched a Kickstarted campaign to create a new line of eco-friendly yogawear that’s made out of, get this, plastic bottles. And, guys, the pants are really, really cool-looking. [Be Well Philly]
Next: 25 party dresses under $150!
- Beauty PSA: Stop following the smoky eye tutorials on YouTube. Everyone’s eye shape is different, so what looks great on one person can look like a raccoon-eyed mess on you. Here’s how to use an eyeshadow quad to get the most out of your peepers. [Into The Gloss]
- Traveling for Thanksgiving? Steal the style of these 10 girls who have their travel-style game on. (Number 9 is my fave.) [PopSugar]
- J.Crew’s creative director Jenna Lyons wore this to Solange Knowles’s wedding. It is by far the best outfit anyone has ever worn to a wedding in the history of time. [WhoWhatWear]
Up next: 17 winter-perfect dark nail polishes that aren’t black.
- Throw caution to the wind and abandon these fashion rules. (Psst: Time to break out those pre-Labor Day whites, and start mixing up your metals!) [The Zoe Report]
- Got your costume for tonight ready to go, but still lacking in the makeup department? These are the 10 best stores for Halloween makeup. Hurry!
Up next: The haircut every lady in Hollywood is getting.
- Happy belated Cat Day! (Seriously.) Celebrate the feline-centric holiday with 10 pairs of kitten heels you can actually wear comfortably around the city. [Vogue]
- Squeal! Fans of the Olsen duo’s Elizabeth and James and The Row are in for a treat. The pair is debuting a jewelry collection named AMK x SM which is set to debut November 1. See it here.
Up next: How to wear every single piece in your closet. (It’s possible!)
- Prepare to eliminate closet bulk! These are the only 6 sweaters you need to own this fall. [Glamour]
- Tom Ford lipstick devotees are about to get psyched. The brains behind some of the most luxe lipstick in the game (that gorg gold case!) is debuting a new matte formula for the holidays. We’ll take one of the Black Dahlia shade, please. [Refinery29]
Up Next: Guess who uses a $220 toothbrush? (Hint: It’s not that surprising.)
- Here at Shoppist, we’ve already discussed the cutoff age for mini-skirts (conclusion: it’s murky territory), but what other fashion rules are out there as you progress through the decades? Here’s how you dress for every age. [Refinery29]
- This jewelry can charge your phone…with your veins. No, this isn’t an excerpt from a new Saw movie. [The Higher Learning]
Up Next: Beauty tips from the Emirates Airlines flight attendants.
- I don’t know about you, but I’ve been DIY-ing my beauty arsenal for as long as I can remember. Finally, the beauty industry has caught up. Here’s 7 beauty products you can customize. [Lucky]
- First there was #BendGate, now we have #HairGate. Word is the new iPhone 6 is pulling people’s hair out—kinda makes us happy our next upgrade wasn’t for three months. [Business Insider]
- In case you haven’t heard: Blake Lively is pregnant. Let the baby speculation ensue! To hold you over, here are Vogue’s 15 Spring 2015 picks to build out her maternity wardrobe. [Vogue]
Be honest: how many Debbie Harry tees do you have?
- Well, if you’re not toting a purse, I guess your new iPhone 6 has to go somewhere. Turns out the ordinary pockets on your denim aren’t so accommodating to the phone-meets-tablet hybrid, so brands are adapting by increasing pocket size. [Style List]
- We’ve heard it a million times; the best kind of plastic surgery is discreet plastic surgery. Here’s 10 sneaky treatments that you can chalk up to “your new juice cleanse” or a fancy exercise regimen. [Refinery 29]
- Glasses can be a serious beauty nuisance. They can emphasize under-eye circles, make your eyes appear smaller, and take all of the focus away from your lips. To remedy these potential blunders (and more!), follow these seven tips. [The Zoe Report]
Why leather pants are the new moto jacket.
- Time to put down the blowdryer, hot tool-devotees. Hairstylist Guido Palau—the genius behind Victoria Beckham’s spring 2015 show—says the new look is all about the “anti-blowout,” lightly-tousled air-dried locks. See the fabulous proof here. [Vogue]
- Looks like guys are also getting an update in the hair department. The new look? A man bob. Think: Kurt Cobain and Johnny Depp. (Doesn’t sound so bad anymore, right?) [Fashionista]
Click here to find out the coolest new lingerie brand.