- I don’t know about you, but I’ve been DIY-ing my beauty arsenal for as long as I can remember. Finally, the beauty industry has caught up. Here’s 7 beauty products you can customize. [Lucky]
- First there was #BendGate, now we have #HairGate. Word is the new iPhone 6 is pulling people’s hair out—kinda makes us happy our next upgrade wasn’t for three months. [Business Insider]
- In case you haven’t heard: Blake Lively is pregnant. Let the baby speculation ensue! To hold you over, here are Vogue’s 15 Spring 2015 picks to build out her maternity wardrobe. [Vogue]
Be honest: how many Debbie Harry tees do you have?
- Well, if you’re not toting a purse, I guess your new iPhone 6 has to go somewhere. Turns out the ordinary pockets on your denim aren’t so accommodating to the phone-meets-tablet hybrid, so brands are adapting by increasing pocket size. [Style List]
- We’ve heard it a million times; the best kind of plastic surgery is discreet plastic surgery. Here’s 10 sneaky treatments that you can chalk up to “your new juice cleanse” or a fancy exercise regimen. [Refinery 29]
- Glasses can be a serious beauty nuisance. They can emphasize under-eye circles, make your eyes appear smaller, and take all of the focus away from your lips. To remedy these potential blunders (and more!), follow these seven tips. [The Zoe Report]
Why leather pants are the new moto jacket.
- Time to put down the blowdryer, hot tool-devotees. Hairstylist Guido Palau—the genius behind Victoria Beckham’s spring 2015 show—says the new look is all about the “anti-blowout,” lightly-tousled air-dried locks. See the fabulous proof here. [Vogue]
- Looks like guys are also getting an update in the hair department. The new look? A man bob. Think: Kurt Cobain and Johnny Depp. (Doesn’t sound so bad anymore, right?) [Fashionista]
Click here to find out the coolest new lingerie brand.
- Hear us out: Skipping shampoo might be the smartest hair decision you make this year. To combat yuckiness, opt for something called a cleansing conditioner.[Lucky]
- Retail powerhouses Nordstrom and Target are working with Curalate to allow shoppers to snag items directly from Instagram. And our favorite pic-sharing platform just got dangerous. [CNBC]
- Move over leopard and cheetah prints, there’s a new animal trend and it’s deer. This animal-approved trend (it’s just the print—no animal products!) will be popping up plenty this fall. [Refinery 29]
Keep reading to find out how to transform your over-plucked brows.
- Boot weather is right around the corner, Shoppists. And with new leather booties also comes blisters. To avoid an unpleasant breaking-in process, read these handy tips. [Fashionista]
- To honor the denim-clad duo of VMA yesteryear (read: Britney and JT), Katy Perry and Riff Raff donned similar full denim looks to the music award show. And we all looked on in horror. [Jezebel]
- Speaking of the VMAs, here are 59 slides of celeb red carpet style. [The Cut]
Keep reading for the newest in fashion technology.
- Everyone knows the old white eyeliner trick for making your peepers look bigger. Here, 7 more ways to get Twiggy-esque eyes in a flash. [Huffington Post]
- Another season, another fab designer collab at Target. In anticipation of Altuzarra’s September 14 release, here’s a slideshow of all 72 pieces from the collection. [Lucky]
- It looks like Gap is getting fed up with crazy fashion trends. The brand is bucking the system with its fall marketing campaign in which it tells customers to “Dress normal.” [Buzzfeed]
Keep reading for next season’s nail polish trends.
- Do you purge your closet too frequently or not enough? (For me, it’s the former, and I’ve definitely donated things that I now regret.) Here’s how four Vogue editors keep their closets in tip-top shape—and the mistakes they’ve made along the way. [Vogue]
- This just made my entire day: a bunch of kids weighing in on fall’s fashion ads. One of the best quotes: “It looks like their feet fell off. They’re like, “Oh no, our feet are gone and somebody stole our candy and our gold!” [The Fashion Spot]
- Here’s a handy rundown of the five boot styles you should totally invest in now, if you haven’t already. [WhoWhatWear]
The most amazing brow chart is straight ahead.
- Happy Monday, Shoppists! Let’s kick things off with six awesome style tricks that you need to steal from grandmom. Here’s proof that a jogging suit can look awesome on the under-70 set, too. [Refinery29]
- Kelly Osborne is launching her first fashion line with HSN. It’s called Stories … By Kelly Osborne (ellipsis for added drama, I suppose?), and it launches on September 25th. Let’s take a look at it now, shall we? [WWD]
Up next: Barbie clothes for adults.
- Yep, bee venom actually does work like a natural form of Botox. Here’s how, and which products to spring for now. [The Zoe Report]
- Nine West’s latest ad campaign—in which they recommend shoe styles for particular situations—is raising some eyebrows. Some of the occasions they illustrate: The Anticipatory Walk of Shame and Starter-Husband Hunting. Classy stuff, guys. [The New York Times]
Victoria Beckham is selling more than 600 items in her closet next week!