- Time to put down the blowdryer, hot tool-devotees. Hairstylist Guido Palau—the genius behind Victoria Beckham’s spring 2015 show—says the new look is all about the “anti-blowout,” lightly-tousled air-dried locks. See the fabulous proof here. [Vogue]
- Looks like guys are also getting an update in the hair department. The new look? A man bob. Think: Kurt Cobain and Johnny Depp. (Doesn’t sound so bad anymore, right?) [Fashionista]
Click here to find out the coolest new lingerie brand.
- Hear us out: Skipping shampoo might be the smartest hair decision you make this year. To combat yuckiness, opt for something called a cleansing conditioner.[Lucky]
- Retail powerhouses Nordstrom and Target are working with Curalate to allow shoppers to snag items directly from Instagram. And our favorite pic-sharing platform just got dangerous. [CNBC]
- Move over leopard and cheetah prints, there’s a new animal trend and it’s deer. This animal-approved trend (it’s just the print—no animal products!) will be popping up plenty this fall. [Refinery 29]
Keep reading to find out how to transform your over-plucked brows.
- Boot weather is right around the corner, Shoppists. And with new leather booties also comes blisters. To avoid an unpleasant breaking-in process, read these handy tips. [Fashionista]
- To honor the denim-clad duo of VMA yesteryear (read: Britney and JT), Katy Perry and Riff Raff donned similar full denim looks to the music award show. And we all looked on in horror. [Jezebel]
- Speaking of the VMAs, here are 59 slides of celeb red carpet style. [The Cut]
Keep reading for the newest in fashion technology.
- Everyone knows the old white eyeliner trick for making your peepers look bigger. Here, 7 more ways to get Twiggy-esque eyes in a flash. [Huffington Post]
- Another season, another fab designer collab at Target. In anticipation of Altuzarra’s September 14 release, here’s a slideshow of all 72 pieces from the collection. [Lucky]
- It looks like Gap is getting fed up with crazy fashion trends. The brand is bucking the system with its fall marketing campaign in which it tells customers to “Dress normal.” [Buzzfeed]
Keep reading for next season’s nail polish trends.
- Do you purge your closet too frequently or not enough? (For me, it’s the former, and I’ve definitely donated things that I now regret.) Here’s how four Vogue editors keep their closets in tip-top shape—and the mistakes they’ve made along the way. [Vogue]
- This just made my entire day: a bunch of kids weighing in on fall’s fashion ads. One of the best quotes: “It looks like their feet fell off. They’re like, “Oh no, our feet are gone and somebody stole our candy and our gold!” [The Fashion Spot]
- Here’s a handy rundown of the five boot styles you should totally invest in now, if you haven’t already. [WhoWhatWear]
The most amazing brow chart is straight ahead.
- Happy Monday, Shoppists! Let’s kick things off with six awesome style tricks that you need to steal from grandmom. Here’s proof that a jogging suit can look awesome on the under-70 set, too. [Refinery29]
- Kelly Osborne is launching her first fashion line with HSN. It’s called Stories … By Kelly Osborne (ellipsis for added drama, I suppose?), and it launches on September 25th. Let’s take a look at it now, shall we? [WWD]
Up next: Barbie clothes for adults.
- Yep, bee venom actually does work like a natural form of Botox. Here’s how, and which products to spring for now. [The Zoe Report]
- Nine West’s latest ad campaign—in which they recommend shoe styles for particular situations—is raising some eyebrows. Some of the occasions they illustrate: The Anticipatory Walk of Shame and Starter-Husband Hunting. Classy stuff, guys. [The New York Times]
Victoria Beckham is selling more than 600 items in her closet next week!
- If you’ve ever anxiously waited for your favorite shop to send you an email with a discount on your birthday, you need to read this. Here are 19 brands that will give you something extra on your next birthday. Now, start subscribing to those emails. [Lucky]
- We’ve heard minimizing washes for your denim is best, but this might be too far (or genius?). Levi’s new brand of Intelligent Denim has “microbal control technology that prevents bacteria (and the odors that come with it) from growing.” [Huffington Post]
- Just in case you went a little crazy with the brightly hued nail art this summer, we’ve got you covered. This is how you fix discolored nails. [Fashionista]
Keep reading for more fashion and beauty news.
Those earrings are mighty tempting. | Image via Preserve
Remember all the hubbub over Blake Lively’s gloomily-designed lifestyle site Preserve? Criticisms were extensive: ranging from slamming $7 ketchup to, well, the lack of preserves. But we have to be honest, with a site that claims to champion “the goods, makers and legends that instill meaning inside the moments of our lives” we were curious how these Anthro-esque goods would be delivered. Surely folded into Made in the USA, hand-embroidered tissue paper and wrapped in twine by the goddess Blake Lively herself, right? Well, not quite.
Here’s what happened when a shopping editor made a Preserve order.