The PRESERVE homepage, a study in sepia, dramatic silhouettes and fonts straight outta Colonial Williamsburg.
At long last, Blake Lively’s new “lifestyle site” is here. It is called Preserve and it is one part Martha Stewart, one part Kinfolk, two parts painful earnestness, and five parts Instagram filter. Shoppist’s assistant editor Marina pointed out that the sun-kissed photo of a golden-haired Blake romantically penning the site’s “editor’s letter” looks a whole lot like this photo of Gossip Girl‘s Serena van der Woodsen studying for her SATs.
The resemblance is uncanny.
- When it comes to shaving time off your a.m. routine—while still looking stylish—no one’s a better role model than a morning traffic anchor. Her tip for outfit-choosing is smart, and you should steal it. [Huffington Post]
- Curvy girls: This is your new shopping mecca. Eloquii, the Limited’s shortlived plus-size line, is back, and the story behind it is really inspiring. [Fashionista]
Up next: your 30 beauty commandments.
- Face contouring has gotten way out of hand. (I blame this on Kim Kardashian.) Sure, it can help enhance cheekbones, but it can also make you look like THIS. [Jezebel]
- These five spring hair and makeup trends are totally worth checking out. For once, someone recommends going café au lait instead of blonde for spring! [Huffington Post]
- Oopsie! Nicole Kidman forgot to wear pants. (Also, what the heck happened to her face!?)[Fashionista]
Click right here for more ways to put off Monday morning.
- And the award for the best black tights ever—based on editorial recs, sales data and product review—goes to … Wolford Matte Opaque 80 Tights. [Refinery29]
- Everyone was hating on Kristin Cavallari‘s red carpet coverage at the Oscars. Shoulda stayed in Laguna, K. [Huffington Post]
- OMG, THE APOCALYPSE IS HERE. Anna Wintour sat in the second row at the Valentino show! WHAT DOES THIS MEAN. [Fashionista]
Up next: You’ll never believe who bought Pharrell’s Grammys hat.
- Coal gets a bad rap, but it’s actually great for oily or acne-prone skin as it removes toxins and bacteria. These nine charcoal-based products are worth checking out. [Huffington Post]
- This slideshow of Johnny Weir‘s most outrageously fab Olympic outfits is flipping fantastic. That Chanel headpiece! [G Philly]
- Meet ‘Mayhem.’ She’s four and she makes (with help from her mom) amazing paper dresses—some inspired by celeb red carpet gowns. Squeal! [People]
Click here to find out when you should start using anti-aging products.
Here’s Mouna, in a dress that costs more than your house.
Mouna Ayoub is a regular woman just like you and me. She once worked as a waitress, she eats egg sandwiches and sometimes she wears jeans. And also she owns a yacht, enjoys sleepovers with the King of Spain and has the largest private collection of haute couture in the world (over 1,600 pieces, each costing up to $400,000).
But it gets better. Keep reading here.