If you don’t yet know of Three Potato Four, you’re missing out. The online shop, which occasionally hosts sales in their workshop (former in Manayunk, now in Media), sells vintage and vintage-esque pieces that make me think of being away at summer camp in the 1950s: weathered pennants and antique baseball bats, old megaphones and assorted Americana. The vintage finds can be pricey, but the duo that owns 3-P4, Stu and Janet, also make their own line of goods, and these are my favorite (and most wallet-friendly) of their offerings. There are the notepads, based on iconic 1950s commercial office supplies; the quirky key tags that recall old hotel keys; and the botanical wall prints hand-drawn and printed on linen.
The sale details: Now through tomorrow (yeah, better hurry) all vintage finds and 3-P4 “own make” pieces are 30 percent off. And the best part? You don’t even have to leave your couch to buy them.
Wanna shop? Head right here.
How to shop a major sale? If you take this video (created by the fashion intelligentsia over at Joan Shepp for their BOP-winning annual basement sale) literally, you grab every single thing off the rack and go. It’s a take-no-prisoners approach to shopping, and while we’d hate to be shopping next to her, we can’t totally knock it. It’s selfish, inconsiderate and—if we’re being completely honest here—something we’ve all been tempted to do at least once in our lives (especially at the Shepp sale, which is always amazing). Before you go to one of the countless end-of-season sales going on right now, here are some non-bitchy ways to score big.
Click for tips on how to get the best stuff at the best prices.
Some people see Christmas Day as the final stop on a months-long shopping journey. Others see it as the beginning of the best-ever sale season. (Forbes reported that this year’s post-holiday sales are looking to be bigger than ever.) If you fall into the latter group, welcome to your Sale Superbowl: Tons of shops—both brick-and-mortar and online—are dishing out serious deals today. Here, 10 of the best. Game on.
- Free People: Today only, get 25 percent off all sale items online. The sale-on-sale deals continue at the store’s Walnut Street outpost through January 1st.
- Verde: Get 50 percent off all clothing at this Midtown Village boutique today only. (Psst: The store is open ’til 8pm tonight.)
- Bluefly: Now through 5 a.m., spend $200 and get $40 off with code HOLIDAY40. (I suggest this.)
- Terrain: Stock up for next year now: Get 50 percent off all holiday trim (like this gorgeous garland) and, today and tomorrow only, free shipping on every order with code TERRAINTREAT.
- J.Crew: Until 11:59 p.m., get an extra 40 percent off winter sale items with code GIFTNOW. Use the same code for 30 percent off full-price purchases, both in-store and online.
- Papyrus: The best time to get holiday cards? Right now, when all of Papyrus’s boxed holiday cards are 50 percent off. Plus, get up to 75 percent off greeting cards and stationery in-store (there’s one on south 17th Street) and online now.
- Duross & Langel: Now through Saturday, head to this Midtown Village shop for huge sales on everything holiday-related (think: candles, soaps, bath bombs and shampoos and conditioners).
- Stuart Weitzman: Right now, get 40 percent off select fall styles. (I adore these.) Bonus: Free shipping.
- Piperlime: Now through tomorrow, get an extra 50 percent off select styles with code EXTRA. (I suggest this for unexpected New Year’s Eve style.)
- American Apparel: Stock up on every single basic you will ever need today, when everything is 20 percent off, both in-store and online, with code CHRISTMAS20.
Last-minute shoppers, you’re in luck.
- Adresse has already started its holiday sale. Go to Old City’s poshest shop and get 30 percent off the boutique’s high-end merch. 45 North 2nd Street.
- Joan Shepp is having an art and fashion event on Saturday from 1pm to 3pm. Head to the high-fashion Liberty Place store and score a complimentary self-potrait by local artist Denise Fike, along with 40 percent off all fall stock. The Shops at Liberty Place, 1625 Walnut Street.
- Govberg Jewelers hosts a Roberto Coin trunk show at its Suburban Square location on Saturday from 10am to 5pm. 65 St. James Place, Ardmore.
- Knit Wit hosts a pop-up shop at its Chestnut Street location now through Friday featuring Debil bags, D’Agostino scarves and tops, and Sophi Reaptress printed leggings. Bonus: 20 percent off all full-price merch at the store (pop-up items not included). 1729 Chestnut Street.
- ToBox is hosting a Scarpe DiBianco trunk show on Friday (2pm to 9pm) and Saturday (9:30am to 2pm). I advise you to head there on Saturday: If you buy a pair of custom DiBianco shoes that day, they’ll give you a free, matching belt ($275 value). 25 South 19th Street.
We’ve rounded up 33 of the best Cyber Monday sales out there right now. Warning: You might want to read this first. 33 sweet cyber sales ahead.
Black Friday? It’s on. And so is Small Business Saturday, for that matter. We’ve rounded up the 50 best sales (promotions, markets, free gifts, etc.) at the 50 best local boutiques and stores in the area, just for you. Happy shopping.
Your fab 50, right here.