Don’t get us wrong, we at Shoppist love DIYs (see: here, here, and here), but some of them we see floating around Pinterest, are just really, well, bad (also, weird and nonsensical). There are just things that don’t need to be made wearable (read: utensils). Think of it like this: With all the amazing make-it-yourself tutorials out there, why waste your time repurposing curtain tassels and weaving seatbelts together? And if you still have a hankering for some safety-pin fashion, just step away from the seed beads. Please, for all our sake.
Now that the holidays are officially upon us, we here at Shoppist are in full gifting mode. Each day this month, we’ll unveil our 25 top gifts to buy in Philly this season. (Trust us: We’ve shopped everywhere to bring you the best of the best.)
Here, our full list of the 24 best gifts to buy in Philly—plus what to give today.
SHOPPIST’S GIFT GUIDE
Day 1: A weekender for him.
Day 2: A geometric ring for her.
Day 3: A posh nail polish set for your teenager.
Day 4: A tabletop speaker for dad.
Day 5: A made-in-Philly skateboard for your little brother.
Day 6: A set of Narberth-made essential oils for mom.
Day 7: A bag of made-in-Philly gifts for out-of-town pals.
Day 8: A cool pair of diamond studs for your girlfriend.
Day 9: A metallic bag for your sister.
Day 10: A fleece hoodie for your dog.
Day 11: A wishbone necklace for your best friend.
Day 12: A rugged camping cocktail kit for your boyfriend.
Day 13: A made-in-Philly wooden matching game for your preschooler.
Day 14: A locally grown lavender set for your hostess.
Day 15: A milk bottle carafe for your Office Best Friend.
Day 16: A pom-pom bracelet for your niece/cousin.
Day 17: A wallet and change tray for your husband or dad.
Day 18: A fire pit for your husband.
Day 19: A hilariously adorable doll for your girlfriends.
Day 20: A bar of made-in-Philly soap for a stocking stuffer.
Day 21: A surrealist candle for your mother-in-law.
Day 22: A dapper, made-in-Philly blazer for your boyfriend.
Day 23: A soft scarf for your boss.
Day 24: A luxe bag for your wife.
And for today, Day 25? Give the gift of time with your loved ones. (Sounds sappy, I know, but hear me out.) Make reservations at one of these spots, get tickets to see the Grace Kelly exhibit at the Michener Museum (it’s fantastic), buy a growler of the craft brews made right here, and pencil in the dates in this, all wrapped up and tied with a red bow.
- Terrain: Enter promo code 1dayonly at Terrain’s online store for 15 percent off sale items.
- Pottery Barn: Use promo code freeship for free shipping online.
- Jonathan Adler: Enter promo code ff2013 for 20 percent off your entire purchase online.
- West Elm: Get 15 percent off dining furniture (plus free shipping) online.
To update your closet:
- Intermix: Right now, get an extra 40 percent off all sale both in-store and online.
- South Moon Under: Get 20 percent off full-price denim here.
- Piperlime: Enter promo code fall for 30 percent off select styles through Friday.
- J.Crew: Enter promo code shopnow in stores and online for 25 percent off your purchase and free shipping.
- Bloomingdale’s: Score 25 percent to 50 percent off select merch in store and online.
- Ralph Lauren: Use promo code rloct25 to get 25 percent off select styles online.
- Need Supply: Enter promo code extra20 for an extra 20 percent off sale items here.
To amp up your accessories:
- Barneys: Get 50 percent off bags and 40 percent off women’s accessories online.
- TownHome: Get 60 percent off select pieces at this Philly stalwart .
- C. Wonder: Get 50 percent off all sale items online.