Our sister blog Ticket just alerted us to the travesty that is Bradley Cooper’s most recent red carpet look. Rarely do we make a fuss about red carpet looks over at Shoppist—I mean, everyone is just so boring these days—but for this, we had to make an exception. Bradley, sweet, sweet Bradley, where was Suki Waterhouse to give you a little sartorial direction? Or at least a clean shirt?
- Welcome to another week, Shoppists! Let’s dive into last night’s Oscars, shall we? First up, the fashion! The good: Lupita Nyong’o looked smashing, as did Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Kate Hudson and Jennifer Lawrence. The bad: Anna Kendrick (way too much going on there, girl) and—shockingly—Kerry Washington. [The Cut]
- GIF alert: Jennifer Lawrence fell … again. (And almost took another girl down with her!) [Huffington Post]
- Guess which star wore eyeliner on her lips? Plus, these are the exact brands and names of the best lipsticks worn on the red carpet, from Lupita’s coral-pink lips to Kerry’s plum pout. [Glamour]
Today at Shoppist HQ, we can’t get enough of these children posing as celebrities on the red carpet. The company behind the photos, Toddlewood, works with a team of designers, producers, and hair and makeup artists to create miniaturized versions of lauded looks from recent award shows. The idea sounds a little creepy in theory, but once you see how spot-on these recreations are, you’ll share our glee (or you’ll still think it’s creepy; we don’t know your life). Either way, here are six of our favorite looks from the 2014 Golden Globes (honorable mention goes to this Adele look-a-like from the 2013 Grammys)—cue squeals. If you want more, just wait a few weeks, when Toddlewood will surely recreate looks from the Grammys. (We can already see this look getting the tot treatment.) So you decide: cute or creepy?
- Welcome to another (cold) Monday, Shoppists! Did you catch the Grammys last night? It was a
boringrelatively tame affair, with nary a giant egg, papal date or Terminator sleeve in sight. Is the music industry going soft? Here’s your roundup of the best looks (Taylor Swift, Rita Ora) and the worst (Katy Perry’s craft project, Pharrell’s hat). [People]
- Speaking of Pharrell’s hat, it’s now become a meme and it has its own Twitter account, because the world has too much time on its hands. [New York Daily News]
- These are the most terrifying nails ever. Thanks, Lorde. [Huffington Post]
- Well, hello there, Shoppists! Welcome to another week. Let’s kick things off with a look at what everyone wore to last night’s Golden Globes. The good (Cate Blanchett! Lupita Nyong’o! Everyone who was pregnant!), the bad (Kate Beckinsale, yawn) and the ugly (Paula Patton being eaten alive by her dress). [Fashionista]
- And here is the Jennifer Lawrence Golden Globes Dress meme. [Huffington Post]
- High-Fashion Etiquette: Say you’ve been invited to an awards show, and you ask a designer to custom-make you a dress. Well, what happens if they make you something and you absolutely hate it? Awkward. [New York Times]