Total ’70s swagger. | Lauren McGrath.
Sabir Peele is the creative genius behind Men’s Style Pro, a Philly-based men’s lifestyle blog with a massive following. When he isn’t hosting events for GQ or jet-setting to Vegas for on-location styling, he’s dishing style tips for guys and showing off the freshest looks on his blog (all of which are photographed by his wife; talk about a dream team). Men’s Style Pro is widely renowned, in part because talks about style without the slightest trace of stuffiness, which is a breath of fresh air in the fashion blogosphere. (Seriously, everyone needs to chill.)
What’s perhaps most impressive about Sabir is the fact that he’s been able to parlay his blog into a full-time career. Five years ago, he quit his day job in academia (he was an admissions counselor at University of the Sciences) to chase his real passion: inspiring men everywhere to simply dress better. Read on to see Sabir’s favorite looks for fall, and to get his advice on what it takes to actually make it as a fashion blogger. (He’s got over 23,000 followers on Instagram, so listen up.) Read more »
- Navigating the rules of men’s style is a tricky thing: Should you wear a winter coat over a suit? Are lightweight men’s scarves douchey? Here are smart answers to the top seven questions of sartorially minded guys, including whether or not it’s okay to tuck your pants into your boots (only if it’s particularly slushy out there). [Wall Street Journal]
- Crazy moves in the fashion world: After Alexander Wang’s departure, Balenciaga has hired a new creative director. The choice? Young Georgian designer Demna Gvasalia, the sudden fashion star and founder of Paris-based Vêtements. (By the way, if you aren’t familiar with this two-year-old line, check out its Instagram account now.) [WWD]
Next: The makeup launch you need to sign up for — now.
Today in celebs-who-used-to-live-here style news: Bradley Cooper made GQ’s list of the 20 most stylish men alive (their words, not ours). This is great news for a city that doesn’t have the most sterling fashion reputation (remember this sweatpants study?) and also proof that if you take a regular guy, gives him millions of dollars and access to some of the best designers in the world, he can be one of the most stylish men in the world. Read more »
Men’s swimwear is a tricky thing to maneuver. It’s full of oddball prints and inseams that range from the crazy-long to the super-short. But somewhere in between the Speedos and cargo shorts is a happy medium. The dream suit doesn’t hug your gut or veer into male culotte territory, and it isn’t — God willing — this horrifying man thong.
We chatted with local menswear pros to get the skinny on what to look for —and what to avoid — when shopping for suits. Guys, listen up. Read more »
It was lasted spotted outside of Parc yesterday. | Image via Instagram.
Stylish guys, we have a challenge for you: Find The Tie Bar bus! As part of its ‘ultimate style road trip’ men’s tie and and accessory haven The Tie Bar has hit the road and is visiting Columbus, New York City, Washington DC, and, today, Philadelphia. The VW bus’s team of well-dressed dudes is doling out style advice, debuting new pieces, and giving out lots of free stuff like socks and mystery gift cards. Want to score free stuff? You’ll need to find ’em. But be quick: They’re leaving after today. Read more »
Images via Men’s Style Pro
Remember Philly style blogger Sabir M. Peele of Men’s Style Pro fame? Aside from hosting sweet events with Shoppist editor Emily (here they are at a Ted Baker shindig last Thursday!), the sharp dresser has also been dreaming up gorgeous suits for a collaboration with Dragon Inside. Read more »
- Is rolling up chinos okay? Can you ever leave a dress shirt untucked? Is going sockless uncouth? Here are the answers to 7 burning men’s style dilemmas. [The Wall Street Journal]
- For those who really, really love their dogs, there’s this: the new “Dream Doghouse,” a $31,000 dog kennel by Samsung. [Today]
- This is what Kanye looks like in a onesie. (Thank you, Internet.) [Styleite]
Next: These hotels look absolutely nothing like the photos on their websites.
Step away from the oft-Instragrammed J.Crew navy gingham shirt. The classic, while always a hit, can get majorly boring — and fast. From fresh embroidery accents (think Hawaiian dancers instead of lobsters) to unexpected textures like comfy, quilted cotton, there are tons of ways to up your shirt game without succumbing to the expected. Here, eight to get you started. Read more »
In a sea of black puffers and wool coats, it can be tricky to make a sartorial statement in the winter. To the rescue: Ps & Qs’s crazy-extensive collection of men’s socks. With over 36 pairs ranging from Norse cable knit to American Trench herringbone to heritage-inspired Pendleton picks, there are plenty of ways to punch up the style of your cold-weather boots with a fun print or pop of color. Boring trouser socks, be damned.
Click here fore shopping details.
Sneakers are a guy’s trusty footwear standby. From high tops to Pendleton plaids to angora (seriously), men can freely toss their Converse for one these surprisingly stylish—yet totally accessible—kicks. But guys, be careful. Once you start, you might not stop (see: Maurice Edu).
Read more »