Stylish guys, we have a challenge for you: Find The Tie Bar bus! As part of its ‘ultimate style road trip’ men’s tie and and accessory haven The Tie Bar has hit the road and is visiting Columbus, New York City, Washington DC, and, today, Philadelphia. The VW bus’s team of well-dressed dudes is doling out style advice, debuting new pieces, and giving out lots of free stuff like socks and mystery gift cards. Want to score free stuff? You’ll need to find ‘em. But be quick: They’re leaving after today. Read more »
- Is rolling up chinos okay? Can you ever leave a dress shirt untucked? Is going sockless uncouth? Here are the answers to 7 burning men’s style dilemmas. [The Wall Street Journal]
- For those who really, really love their dogs, there’s this: the new “Dream Doghouse,” a $31,000 dog kennel by Samsung. [Today]
- This is what Kanye looks like in a onesie. (Thank you, Internet.) [Styleite]
Step away from the oft-Instragrammed J.Crew navy gingham shirt. The classic, while always a hit, can get majorly boring — and fast. From fresh embroidery accents (think Hawaiian dancers instead of lobsters) to unexpected textures like comfy, quilted cotton, there are tons of ways to up your shirt game without succumbing to the expected. Here, eight to get you started. Read more »
In a sea of black puffers and wool coats, it can be tricky to make a sartorial statement in the winter. To the rescue: Ps & Qs’s crazy-extensive collection of men’s socks. With over 36 pairs ranging from Norse cable knit to American Trench herringbone to heritage-inspired Pendleton picks, there are plenty of ways to punch up the style of your cold-weather boots with a fun print or pop of color. Boring trouser socks, be damned.
Hat aficionados, we’ve got good news: Old-fashioned-in-the-best-way hat shop Goorin Bros. is slated to open in Rittenhouse next month. The family-owned hat-centric shop is known for its impeccably dressed staff, old-school vibes and their overall attention to detail—both with the hats and the shop. You can see why we’re excited.
Stylish men, rejoice! Totem Brand has moved into a spiffy new 2,000 square foot space just three doors down from their former location. Owner Phillip Yi says the quiet move (it happened discreetly two weeks ago) was necessary after outgrowing 529 South Street, which is good news for us because they’re rolling out tons of new brands to stock the shop.
- Finally. Pitbull has addressed the snug ankle-baring pants he wore during this World Cup performance with Jennifer Lopez. Turns out, he has a sense of humor. [The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon]
- Just when we thought we saw every incarnation of BB cream, Orly comes out with BB cream for nails. [Huffington Post]
- Have you ever bought a sold-out limited edition MAC lipstick for triple the price on Ebay? You probably bought it from an eBay makeup reseller. Here’s the scoop on this underground industry. [Refinery 29]