- Avoid looking bulky in winter’s toastiest outerwear essentials with these unexpected slenderizing tips (like creating the illusion of longer legs to balance a statement coat). [The Zoe Report]
- Lady Gaga wore an inflatable 3-D urchin costume to a club in Paris—and we weren’t even in surprised. [G Philly]
- Here’s a behind the scenes look at what a perfumer’s lab really looks like. Answer: less mad scientist-y than we expected. [Style.com]
Up next: The six most talked about nipple censorship moments in fashion. Yes, really.
- Pre-holiday-shopping PSA: Stay away from these 30 horrible gifts at all costs, especially the smoking mittens. WTF. [Refinery29]
- Drexel students have just launched a Kickstarted campaign to create a new line of eco-friendly yogawear that’s made out of, get this, plastic bottles. And, guys, the pants are really, really cool-looking. [Be Well Philly]
Next: 25 party dresses under $150!
- Beauty PSA: Stop following the smoky eye tutorials on YouTube. Everyone’s eye shape is different, so what looks great on one person can look like a raccoon-eyed mess on you. Here’s how to use an eyeshadow quad to get the most out of your peepers. [Into The Gloss]
- Traveling for Thanksgiving? Steal the style of these 10 girls who have their travel-style game on. (Number 9 is my fave.) [PopSugar]
- J.Crew’s creative director Jenna Lyons wore this to Solange Knowles’s wedding. It is by far the best outfit anyone has ever worn to a wedding in the history of time. [WhoWhatWear]
Up next: 17 winter-perfect dark nail polishes that aren’t black.
- Sephora allegedly deactivated and blocked accounts of shoppers “of perceived Chinese/Asian descent based on the ill-founded and discriminatory belief that all Chinese/Asian customers abuse discount sales to enagage in bulk purchase for re-sale.” Ugh. [Fashionista]
- A study out of University of Bretagne just confirmed that men do, in fact, like heels. We knew it. [WhoWhatWear]
Up next: Rob Kardashian is about to dabble in a new creative venture.
- If you find yourself double-booking holiday parties this year, you need to know these time-saving beauty tips. Surprisingly, it only takes two fail-safe beauty products to get party-ready in five minutes flat. [A Cup of Jo]
- Farfetch just launched a click-and-collect service. What it means: shoppers can buy an item from one boutique in Farfetch’s network online and pick it up in-store from another. [Fashionista]
Up next: A $675 nail polish, toasty earmuffs, and retailers’ sneaky dressing room trick.
- The padded bra is officially a relic. Now you can get a saline injection that temporarily gives you a fuller chest (one doc calls them “vacation boobs”); breasts deflate in about 24 hours as your body absorbs the saline. [Shape]
- And now washing your face with plain old tap water isn’t good enough. People are swearing off the sink and only washing up with micellar water—a special blend of oil and water. Are they on to something? [Total Beauty]
Up next: How to layer, keep tights from tearing, and get longer hair.
- After dry shampoo devotees started noticing thinning on their most-spritzed patches, word began to spread that dry shampoo’s oil-sucking qualities might—yikes—cause hair loss. Turns out, what you really need is an anti-dandruff shampoo. [Jezebel]
- Holiday parties are right around the corner. It’s time to zero in on that made-for-your-complexion red lipstick (that also makes your teeth look impossibly white). [Huffington Post]
- If you’re thinking of donning the whimsically chic sheer trend this season, these are the tips you need to know (like, what lingerie to wear and can anyone really pull off head-to-toe sheer?). [The Coveteur]
Next: Where does the ‘3.1’ in 3.1 Phillip Lim come from?
- Want to have a perfectly curated, organized closet filled with only the things you truly love? It is possible—you just have to toss these 30 things first. Closet heaven will soon be yours! [Refinery29]
- Beyoncé wore this $350 dress to sister Solange’s weekend wedding. Here’s where you can get it. [WhoWhatWear]
- And Solange wore a jumpsuit! (And then a caped dress.) Werk. [Vogue]
Next: The one beauty savior you already have in your bag.
- Don’t go trading your platform heels for a pair of smoking loafers quite so quick. Here are 8 ways to make your high heel shoes more comfortable. [Bustle]
- If you weren’t planning on going Black Friday shopping, then you will now. Black Friday discounts are reported to reach 70 percent. [Fashionista]
- Maximize all the space in your weekender with these handy packing tips. Plus, these looks will have you covered for everything from the Friday flight to Sunday brunch. [Vogue]
Up next: Celebrity brand endorsements aren’t nearly as transparent as you might think.
- The latest fashion move to stir up controversy: Calvin Klein used a “plus-size” model in its latest ad campaign. What people are having trouble swallowing: She’s only a size 10. [The Cut]
- Taylor Swift appeared on the cover of Wonderland magazine with dark eyebrows and an even darker spray tan. Weird skin color aside, this new—edgier—look is so good. [Wonderland]
- Here’s an unexpected, but surprisingly amazing, place to shop for your winter coats: outdoor outfitter stores. Seriously, the pics prove it. [Vogue]
Up next: Fall/winter beauty inspirations from fall TV shows.