Image via Mic.com.
- Models from Australia are attempting to get the fashion industry to drop the “plus size” label for models. What’s crazy: For models, anything over a size four is considered plus-size. WTF. [Elle]
- You know what they say about April showers … they suck. Here’s a guide to make sure your rain coat is actually waterproof. [Refinery 29]
- This celeb stylist says that Coachella totally “needs to die,” and here’s why. [Cosmopolitan]
Next: What happens to your skin when you stop drinking coffee.
How to look and feel fresher in 60 seconds (fab sunnies help). | Shutterstock.
- Got one minute? Do just one of these 23 tricks and you’ll look brighter, feel better and start your day off right. [Cosmopolitan]
- Day beds instead of sofas, no more drawers, silicon furniture: The head designer of IKEA Sweden on his seven predictions for what your house will look like in 2020. [Fast Company]
- Have white sneakers? Then you need to read this, the go-to guide for cleaning white kicks. [GQ]
Next: What your luggage says about you.
Shiny, sparkly, short … sex still sells. | Shutterstock.
- While designers are showing androgynous, refined looks on the runways, many shoppers still want pure sex appeal, particularly US and Russian consumers. (Sigh.) [Business of Fashion]
- Is this the end of the Gap? Sales have been sinking since 2006, thanks to dated designs and the rise of fast fashion (see: Zara, H&M). And they’re looking to do anything to get you back in the stores…. [Fast Company]
- In unexpected fashion news, famed high-fashion designer Yohji Yamamoto is designing a Hello Kitty collection of apparel and accessories. [Elle]
Up next: We might be getting a Whopper-scented perfume.
The entry-level line to luxe is folding. | Image via Marc Jacobs.
- Marc Jacobs has confirmed that he is closing his line’s less expensive secondary brand Marc by Marc Jacobs. Does this mean the end of sub-$500 bags? Not quite. [The Cut]
- Beyoncé is launching a shoe line with Giuseppe Zanotti, expected to drop in two weeks. Expect thick platforms and a wallet-breaking price. [People]
- Are flash-sale sites on the brink of extinction? It’s not looking so good for Gilt Groupe and Rue La La. [Re/code]
Next: What happens when a man wears heels for a day.
Here’s hoping that Eva’s makeup brand can make us look like that. | Image via Getty.
- Eva Mendes is launching a makeup brand, CIRCA, and the most expensive thing is less than the cost of a movie ticket. [Elle]
- Happy Spring! Celebrate this brutal winter’s end (well, sort of) with these spring must-haves all under $30. [Refinery 29]
- Your spring break just got a whole lot chicer. Here are 18 pairs of adorable sandals to freshen up your vacation wardrobe. [WhoWhatWear]
Up next: The nine items you shouldn’t have in your home over age 30. (Eek.)
Yoga … for your face? | Shutterstock.
- Here are five face exercises you can do that will help sagging necks, droopy eyelids and deep laugh lines — no facelifts required. [Byrdie]
- Colorado politicians are showing up to work wearing IUD jewelry (accessories shaped like the intrauterine birth control method) to show support for a bill that would give funding to a program that provides low or no-cost contraceptives to women. [The Denver Post]
- Oprah is auctioning off more than 500 personal items from her Chicago condo. (This comes on the heels of her announcement that she’s closing Chicago-based Harpo Studios and moving all production to West Hollywood.) The auction will be on April 25th. [Chicago Tribune]
Next: Skinny jeans are finally, officially over.
Images via Shutterstock
- The battle continues between Elton John and Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana after Dolce used the phrase “synthetic babies” to describe babies conceived via alternative methods—ya know, like Elton John’s sons. [ABC News]
- This wand will supposedly tell you how dehydrated your skin is. [Into the Gloss]
Next: The name of this lipstick shade is angering a lot of people.
Images via Pinterest.
- Here’s why one makeup artist is against Kardashian-esque contouring makeup. (And I agree with her.) [Byrdie]
- If cryptic Instagram photos (and voracious rumors) are to be believed, Reese Witherspoon might be launching a hotel. Your move, Blake Lively. [The Cut]
Next: Melissa McCarthy’s new clothing line and Birkenstock … mattresses?
Image via Shutterstock
- Hairstylist to the stars Teddi Cranford weighs in on the top 10 hair tools you need to keep in your primping arsenal. [Vogue]
- People are getting breast milk facials. That is all. [Styleite]
- We’re calling it: Fall 2015 will be the season of accessories (think: berets and brooches). [Fashionista]
Up next: What Brooke Shields’ Calvin Klein ad can teach us about denim inseams.
Image via One Kings Lane
- These mistakes might have your home in total upheaval. Here, 8 super-easy ways to remedy them and get your home back in order. [Refinery 29]
- If you’re looking to sport pastel makeup this spring, these are the fail-safe hues to try. [InStyle]
- Girlfriend jeans, boyfriend jeans’ slimmer, sexier counterpart, are winning spring. [NY Daily News]
Up Next: What House Of Cards can teach us about fashion.