Meet the new statement necklace. It doesn’t sparkle or shine, and you can’t describe it in terms of carats or clarity. It’s the epitome of French restraint, and the work of Paris-based designer Anne Fontaine. She’s elevated the menswear staple to couture-level perfection with impeccable lines rendered in crisp cotton voile. Pair it with an LBD or, better yet, a sharply tailored tuxedo-style suit, for a look that’s far more ballroom than boardroom. Robinson collar, $250 at Anne Fontaine, King of Prussia.
Let’s just call today the day of Major Retail Announcements: Word on the street is that Japanese fast-fashion retailer Uniqlo is opening up a location in the King of Prussia mall in spring/summer of this year. (This comes on the heels of our breathless-with-excitement announcement that it’s also coming to the Art Institute Building this spring.) Let’s celebrate with a list! Here, the top five reasons we’re excited about Uniqlo’s double-opening in the Philly area.
1. These down puffer coats. Be Well Philly editor Emily Leaman bought one and raves about it every single day. “It is shockingly thin and shockingly warm,” she says. I’ve felt it: It’s the softest thing ever.
2. These cashmere hooded sweaters. The most perfect weekend loungewear ever.
3. Adorable button-downs like this one. And I don’t even like button-downs.
4. This! Squee.
5. Novak Djokovic. Since he is the brand’s ambassador, perhaps they’ll get him to come in for the grand opening! (And then maybe he’ll bring Roger Federer along, and the whole city will be imbued with tennis hotness.)
- Just a friendly reminder: Philly Mag Shops is only a few days away! Buy tickets now for 40 percent off the best boutiques in the city, all in one place.
- Bling emporium Hearts on Fire is opening its second US location in the King of Prussia mall on Saturday, October 12th. The 1,200-square-foot space will be on the upper level, right next to Neiman Marcus. I’ve got my eye on these lovelies.
- The sleepy town of Haddonfield is hosting a (free!) ‘Girls Night Out‘ shopping event tomorrow, October 3rd. Head to the adorable downtown between 5pm and 9pm for in-store discounts, food and drinks. Get all the details here.
- Socialite Olivia Palermo wore an absolutely adorable $119 Zara dress to the Carven runway show. (Get your own right here.) Stars! They’re just like us! [People]
- Deal of the Day: J Brand’s white piped skinnies. Were $198, now $124 at Third Street Habit. Pair with a worn-in chambray button-up and some fab heels for easy weekend style.
French fries are deeply embedded in our nation’s culinary palette. From greasy fast food side dishes to the ultimate snack at baseball games, it doesn’t get much more all-American than a bucket of fries.
But Shoo Fry, which just opened last week in the King of Prussia Mall transforms the ordinary side-dish into a full-fledged meal. Some of their wacky (but awesome?) combos include Pig & The Giant Peach (pulled Pork, Apple-Carrot Slaw topped with Peach-Ginger Sauce), Bad Apple (diced Granny Smith apples, caramelized onions, bacon & cheddar cheese) and Shoo Fly Pie Fries (fresh Pie Crust crumbles topped with super “Sweetie” sauce). Or you can go traditional “naked” fries (clothes are optional).
And this Thursday you can celebrate Christmas in July with a FREE chili cheese fry giveaway from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (no purchase necessary). If you do check them out, please report back on how strawberries and potatoes go together.
Shoo Fry [Facebook]
Shoo Fry is located on the 2nd floor of the Plaza at King of Prussia Mall, near the Sears.