As you celebrate the Fourth of July weekend, let’s take a spin around the NFC East to see what’s going on with the rest of the division: Read more »
Let’s take a spin around the NFC East to see what’s going on with the rest of the division:
Jason Reid of ESPN did a longform piece on Robert Griffin III detailing some of the dysfunction that accompanied his time in Washington.
Feb. 5, 2013 — Griffin called for a meeting. He declined to tell Mike Shanahan what he wanted to discuss, saying only it was important. Griffin, Mike and Kyle Shanahan and quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur gathered in the offensive meeting room at the team headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia. With the coaches seated, Griffin walked to a blackboard and wrote:
- Change things.
- Change our protections.
- Bottom line.
Let’s catch up with the Eagles’ division rivals as they start to put their rookies to work.
Now that the draft is over, let’s check in with the rest of the NFC East to see how their new pieces fit, and what the teams’ moves mean for their rosters going forward.
With just 11 days to go until the draft, let’s take a look at what’s going on around the rest of the NFC East.
With free agency about to begin, here are the latest rumors and rumblings around the rest of the NFC East. Read more »
The NFC East fielded some of the most mediocre teams in the league this season, yet it may be the most-talked-about division in football. Think that chatter stops in the offseason? Think again. We’ve compiled the latest on your favorite division. Get caught up.
It hasn’t been pretty, but the NFC East is officially the most intriguing division race in the league with three weeks to go until playoff time.
The Eagles, Giants, and Washington are all tied for first place heading into Week 15, each with at least one divisional game remaining. The Birds and Washington each hold their playoff futures in their own hands; the Week 16 matchup between the two teams will be a seismic matchup. The Eagles can still win the division if they lose to the Cardinals in Week 15 with two wins over Washington and the Giants.
According to FiveThirtyEight’s predictive models, the Eagles have the best odds of any team in the NFC East to win the division. Right now, they have a 44 percent chance of winning the NFC East. The Giants are the second-most-likely victors, at 31 percent, and Washington is third, at 25 percent.
The Cowboys, for what it’s worth, still have a two percent chance of winning the division because, after all, the division is still a brutal mess.
You can catch up on each team below. Read more »
The Cowboys were eliminated from the playoffs last weekend, so we’re now officially done with stories about Jerry Jones and Chris Christie.
Ha ha, of course not! The story of the Cowboys owner and the team’s No. 1 fan will go on forever.
Here’s the latest: Christie says he “knew nothing about” a deal that gave a firm partially owned by Jones the contract to operate the observation deck at One World Trade Center.
“When Legends Hospitality got the contract [in March 2013], I knew nothing about it,” Christie said. “I didn’t know him. I had no relationship with him. Nor did I have any influence or knowledge of who was going to run the concessions at World Trade Center One, nor quite frankly, do I care. That was a New York issue. That’s a building in New York. I don’t deal with those issues.” The Port Authority awarded the contract to Legends Hospitality.
But, as David Sirota reports at the International Business Times, Christie and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo issued a joint press release praising the selection of Legends Hospitality to run the observation deck.
Once a week, we’ll take a spin around the NFC East to check in on what’s going on with the Eagles’ division rivals.