Ooh, that slip dress!
I don’t want to know how much time this took or how many cups of coffee (vodka?) were consumed during the process, but I do know that this is the best thing I’ve seen all year: Bustle’s complete ranking of every single outfit Rachel Green wore on Friends, painstakingly categorized by season, with commentary on every single look. (There are 703 of them.)
Consider your burst of Monday productivity over.
Bathing suit nirvana. | Shutterstock.
- Can’t make it out to Cameo Water Wear or Everything But Water? Here is your everything-guide to buying swimsuits online, whether you’re looking for quick shipping (you know, for that last-minute getaway), great selection, plus sizes or under $100 picks. [Racked]
- A website called Nudevotion helps you find the best nude-colored clothing for your exact skin tone. Because not all nudes are created equal. [PopSugar]
- Yikes: Target is in hot water for allegedly stealing a T-shirt design from a young Etsy designer. (We’ve heard this before.) [Katu]
Next: What a Vogue fashion writer wears to her high school reunion.
Your perfect underwear drawer awaits. | Shutterstock.
- I admit it: When it come to undies, I’m a Victoria’s Secret devotee (I’d rather spend less on underwear and more on shoes). But this roundup makes me want to invest in some high-style skivvies: 6 pairs of underwear every woman needs to own, including the thong, high-waist and boy short. [Refinery29]
- Speaking of intimates, meet your new favorite Sunday morning look: the loungewear romper. It’s the key to looking the way you imagine looking in your perfect life, all tousled hair, silky robes and dewy skin, first thing in the morning. [WWD]
- Remember Annie Lennox? (Go on, indulge and listen to this now.) Well, her model daughter is insanely stylish. Get some major style inspiration (slash envy) here. [The Coveteur]
Next: Ryan Gosling is no longer blonde and it’s very disarming.
Dream closet status. | Screenshot via Youtube.
Ever wonder what goes into those insanely cool costume exhibitions Drexel hosts? Here’s your opportunity to find out. Drexel is hosting an event this Saturday with none other than Clare Sauro, the curator herself, to give guests a super-exclusive, behind-the-scenes look at the making of a fashion exhibit as well as their not-yet-on-display retrospective exhibition, Immortal Beauty: Highlights from the Robert & Penny Fox Historic Costume Collection
(it doesn’t debut until October 2nd!). Read more »
The Met Gala broke the Internet last night. That’s at least the impression I got after scrolling through Instagram to find tons of rather humorous shots of celebrities donning some very unique high fashion on the event’s red carpet.
Rihanna’s yellow egg dress seemed to take the cake, while Beyoncé pretty much looked like she bedazzled some sequins on her lady parts and called it a day. Of course, there was Sarah Jessica Parker’s rather strange headdress that caused some people to wonder if she’s going through major Sex and the City withdrawal. I rounded up some of my favorite memes to come out of Instagram of this evening of strange, strange red-carpet looks.
Read more »
Time for spring weddings! | Shutterstock.
- Welcome to spring wedding season, which means you’ll need to start thinking about dresses. Here are 30 gorgeous options for fetes both fancy and casual. [PopSugar]
- Your go-to guide for getting rid of “allergy face” (you know, a puffy face, red eyes, raw nose). [The Zoe Report]
- Bespoke Jenny Packham dress, Jimmy Choo shoes, mani and blowout: Here are the details behind Kate Middleton’s baby-reveal look on Saturday. [Daily Mail]
Next: It’s Met Gala time!
Cops say this woman burgled a Center City apartment building. (Image: Philadelphia Police)
A woman in the Washington Square West section of Center City found a burglar in her apartment stealing her roommate’s clothes, police said.
The woman, who lives on the 1200 block of Walnut Street in the Gayborhood, told cops she heard a noise at around 10:45 p.m. on March 14th. She went downstairs and found a woman she didn’t know holding her roommate’s clothes. Read more »