- One of the most legendary designers of the last century, Oscar de la Renta, died yesterday at the age of 82. Without his fantastically feminine looks, the red carpet will never be the same. [Huffington Post]
- To remember the famed designer, here’s a roundup of his most iconic looks. (He dressed everyone from Jackie O. and numerous other First Ladies to, most recently, Amal Alamuddin, for whom he designed a wedding dress for her marriage to George Clooney. [Bustle]
- In beauty news, your medicine cabinet is about to get a whole lot more spacious. These are the 10 beauty products you should be borrowing from the boys. (We swear by men’s razors.) [The Zoe Report]
Up Next: A gemstone that makes your face less puffy and the witchiest products in Free People’s new shop.
- This morning officially ushered in the season of the tights. Here are 11 pairs that won’t roll down or give you the dreaded Hosiery Muffin-Top. (Cue cheering.) [Fashionista]
- Scary fact: Thieves can easily steal your credit card information just by walking past you with a special scanner. Freaked out? A design team has created a line of purses and wallets that prevents this identity theft. [Styleite]
- The trend I’m digging most for fall: Fringe! Here’s how to do it without veering into Pocahontas territory. [Wall Street Journal]
Next: Blake Lively is rocking the whole maternity thing, and the most popular pair of black work pants ever.
- Ditch your grande PSL for these antioxidant-rich and anti-inflammatory pumpkin beauty products. Way fewer calories, too. [The Zoe Report]
- In just three days, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus owners will be able to forgo credit cards and instead use their phones for purchases. Here’s everything you need to know about Apply Pay. [Lucky]
Up next: How to deal with losing your favorite piece of jewelry.
- We all have those beauty products that we keep around for sentimental purposes (cough, shimmer lotion). Here’s what people hang on to for way too long, and what you really need to toss already. [Into The Gloss]
- I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Chanel’s tiny purse shaped like a bagel and cream cheese is sort of—okay, really—cute. [Lucky]
Up next: Tyra has a new makeup line, and you’re gonna love it.
- Happy Monday! Here are 11 inexpensive (like, all under $115!) buys that make any outfit look like it cost a million bucks. [WhoWhatWear]
- While I was a tad frightened by the packaging of Christian Louboutin’s new nail polish line, his latest addition is cool: a red polish with a pen-like applicator that lets you paint the underside of your nail in a nod to the famed red soles. It launches today. [InStyle]
Up next: Birkins that smell like pot.
- In its effort to take over the world, Amazon is opening its first brick-and-mortar store in New York City as an “experiment.” [Wall Street Journal]
- It’s Friday. Let’s look at pictures of dogs wearing cute things. [The Coveteur]
Next: How to keep your pesky sleeves rolled up.
- H&M is in hot water after complaints that its latest olive green jumpsuit takes a bit too much inspiration from uniforms worn by Kurdish female soldiers fighting ISIS in the Middle East. [Daily Mail]
- Can’t spring for a Birkin? Hermès just launched a special online store called La Maison des Carrés for scarves only. [Hermès]
- Michelle Obama loves her Spanx. [The Hill]
More style news—including awesome vegan fashion—ahead.
- These are the fugliest shoes I’ve ever seen. Prepare yourselves. This isn’t going to be pretty. [Net-A-Porter]
- Gwyneth Paltrow is maybe starting a clothing line. [Jezebel]
- Did you know that 15 years ago, a size 0 didn’t even exist? And it all started with Nicole Miller. [Glamour]
Up next: Leather manicures.
You can’t tell here, but the space extends down 17th Street | Photo by Josh Middleton
Eeeee! In case you forgot, Nordstrom Rack’s opening is just around the corner. A Philly Mag staffer snapped the above pic which shows the official signage being mounted. He also got word from a construction worker outside that the store will open on October 24. Excited? You bet.
But wait, there’s more!
- Happy Monday! Have you been noticing that very stylish people are suddenly wearing sneakers with, well, everything? Here’s how to pull it off and look fashionable, and not like an extra from Working Girl. [Refinery29]
- Moms-to-be, meet your new maternity style inspiration: Blake Lively. [People]
Up next: Galliano news and ZOMBIE NAILS!