- Happy Monday, Shoppists! Let’s kick things off with six awesome style tricks that you need to steal from grandmom. Here’s proof that a jogging suit can look awesome on the under-70 set, too. [Refinery29]
- Kelly Osborne is launching her first fashion line with HSN. It’s called Stories … By Kelly Osborne (ellipsis for added drama, I suppose?), and it launches on September 25th. Let’s take a look at it now, shall we? [WWD]
Up next: Barbie clothes for adults.
J.Crew’s first fragrances come in gorgeous packaging.
In what appears to be J.Crew’s quest to take over the world (or at the very least our entire closet and makeup drawer), the brand is now dipping its toes into the perfume arena. On Monday, J.Crew is launching its first fragrances, created in collaboration with perfumer Arquiste and inspired by a gallery show by Peggy Guggenheim.
See the details here.
In a way that mimics J.Crew’s steady ascension from middle-of-the-road mall store to luxury brand, Club Monaco has slowly distanced itself from its other mid-level, trendy-but-accessible peers (think BCBG) with increasingly sophisticated designs and a handful of smart collaborations. To wit: Its collab with Canadian brand ela, which finally, finally brings the laidback-luxe handbags to Philly.
See them all here.
It’s a far cry from Anthro’s normal window displays, but we’ll take it. | Photo via Effortless Anthropologie.
Thanks to a tip from Racked Philly, we got word that there’s a sort-of-secret warehouse in Georgia that stocks the likes of Anthropologie, BHLDN, Free People, and Urban Outfitters for up to 95 percent off. Ninety-five percent off. Start packing up your cars now, Shoppists; you can hit up WaWa on the way.
Read more »
- If you’re planning your next big splurge, look no further than these nine timeless accessories. Seriously, you’ll wear them forever. [Lucky]
- It’s another devastating day in celebrity news. Yesterday, famed actress Lauren Bacall passed away. Besides being a celebrated actress, she was also a major style icon. Here’s a slideshow featuring 49 of her greatest looks. [The Cut]
- Are these pre-mud-splattered Adidas sneakers the next destroyed denim? We sure hope not. (Plus, it looks like you can only get them in the UK.) [Adidas]
Keep reading for more fashion and beauty news.
- How to live like a true fashion girl, in 15 easy (and not-so-easy) steps. Step 1: It’s all in the coffee table books. (Though I think a bit of eclectic vintage pieces also go a long way.) [Refinery29]
- Wahoo!!! Cool-girl jewelry line Dannijo is branching out into footwear! Expect the line to launch next spring, and get details on the price point here. [Fashionista]
- And the hottest color for fall is …. lilac? [Elle]
Read more here. (You know you want to.)
- I’ve long had a hate-hate relationship with shorts, mostly because my legs are pretty muscular. However, this roundup of shorts that are flattering on less-than-lanky legs gave me hope! (The key: Opt for wide-legged shorts that are cut on an angle.) [The Man Repeller]
- Woman shows off incredible two-story “she-cave” closet on Good Morning America; thieves steal $1 million in designer goods from it one week later. [Daily Mail]
Olivia Palermo looking awesome, straight ahead.
- Check out this list of the best watches of the year, nominated by experts and voted on by readers, and see if you agree. A preview: Patek Philippe won for best heirloom watch, the Omega Speedmaster Professional took most desirable vintage watch honors, and brand of the year went to Montblanc. [AskMen]
- Coach is launching a men’s footwear line next month. Fifteen styles will be carried in all global Coach stores, and will range from $175 to $495. Up next: a men’s ready-to-wear line. [Fashion Times]
Up next: The eyeliner mistake you’re totally making.