- Wearing high heels with shorts can be tricky territory. Follow these rules (the biggie: avoid pairing super-short shorts with super-high heels) to nail the look. [WhoWhatWear]
- Sad news: Burt Shavitz, the bearded, retired beekeeper who founded cosmetic empire Burt’s Bees, died over the weekend at age 80. The story of his life — much of which he spent living in a cabin in Maine with no heat or running water — is fascinating. [WWD]
- Today marks the debut of Cupcakes and Cashmere blogger Emily Schuman’s first clothing collection. Shop it here. [Shopbop]
Up next: The Army is getting a whole new uniform look.
It’s no secret that the fashion masses have started to take notice of Club Monaco. The women’s clothing has become clean and modern, an accessible, if watered-down, version of legendarily minimal brands like Céline and The Row. The men’s collection isn’t far behind, with standout offerings and even standalone men’s brick-and-mortars (rumor has it that Philly might be getting one … eventually). And a struggling Abercrombie has taken notice: They just poached Aaron Levine from Club Monaco, where he’d been VP of men’s design for the past four years. Read more »
Shampoo before soap. | Shutterstock.
- Turns out there is a right way to shower and doing it wrong can cause skin irritation, bacne, limp hair and clogged pores. [Glamour]
- This is what happens when you wear the same thing every day for a month. (Spoiler: People will notice a lot faster than you think they will.) [Refinery29]
- We might soon seen the end of tax-free online shopping. [Fashionista]
Next: MAC’s newest lipstick and a fashion mag’s closing.
Prada, pits and Lohan.
- First, we dyed it. Now, we’re adding gemstone stickers and pastel extensions. To our armpits. [Styleite]
- To combat lagging sales, Prada is introducing lower-priced bags, so that all devils might wear it. [Bloomberg]
- Gross: This is what expired makeup looks like in a petri dish. (So go toss all out-of-date lip glosses now!) [xoJane]
Next: Lindsay Lohan’s fourth try at a fashion line; designer buys to get on sale now.
Purging your closet should start with your underwear drawer. | Shutterstock.
- We might be well into summer, but it’s never too late to spring-clean. From “period underwear” (you have this, just admit it) to bootcut jeans, here are 33 items in your closet you need to ditch now. [The Fashion Spot]
- Say what you will about the ever-polarizing Gwyneth Paltrow, but you have to admit that girlfriend’s got gorgeous skin. Good news for us: She’s launching a skincare line. [Racked]
- Can you really make $100,000 selling your old clothes on Poshmark? This girl did. (After reading, I downloaded it immediately.) [Refinery29]
Up next: Man Repeller’s activewear collection and the best liquid eyeliner out there.