- Birkenstock fans, we have a treat for you. You can get your hands on another pair of trendy-meets-comfy kicks this spring: Dr. Scholl’s look-a-likes from the Marc Jacobs show. Enjoy! [Glamour]
- Any lady can tell you that bra shopping can be a total nightmare. Enter: True & Co., a bra company working to accommodate over 6,000 body types. [Styleite]
- Uh, did this 10 year-old just become our style icon? Mr. Cory is the 10-year-old CEO of a cookie company, and he dresses infinitely cooler than any of us did at that age. [Man Repeller]
Keep reading to find out the most fashion-forward rain boots to rock this spring.
- With dozens of perfectly polished, coiffed, and dressed models in a single runway show, we knew there had to be some backstage secrets. Here, 23 beauty hacks from industry experts to score their looks on the fly. [Lucky]
- Oh, Jimmy Kimmel, you’ve done it again. For this segment of Lie Witness News, they stood outside during NYFW and asked stylish folks about “designers” such as Chandler Bing and Antonin Scalia. Hilarity ensues. [YouTube]
Keep reading to find out which holiday collab you need to look out for.
- Tackling those fall runway trends is no easy feat. (We swear menswear vests are making a comeback!) To help you don the funkiest of trends this season, we suggest consulting this handy guide. [Refinery 29]
- Just when we thought the new Apple Watch was the biggest Apple news this week, Elie Tahari decided to give them a run for their money. The designer debuted a dress with “50 plus iPhones sewn into the mesh ‘techno-fabric.” [Bustle]
Keep reading to find out why Christian Louboutin made a $50 nail polish. (Hint: there’s science to back it up.)
The watches of the future. | Image via Apple
may have heard most definitely have heard about yesterday’s Apple announcement: the unveiling of the Apple Watch, the latest and greatest in wearable technology. But is it something we really need? I’m skeptical. Even when I wear a watch, it’s a fashion accessory at best and I still instinctively grab for my phone to check the time. But in that same vein, I’m a sucker for my iPhone. Perhaps I should instill my trust in Apple?
To help determine how essential this watch really is, I read a handy breakdown on Business of Fashion entitled “6 Core Beliefs Behind the New ‘Apple Watch.’” Author Imran Amed navigated the ins and outs of Apple’s newest product. Here, I tease out the need-to-know info about the much-hyped accessory. And most importantly: will I be forking over the bucks for it?
Keep reading for the scoop.
- Has everyone in fashion stopped wearing makeup? It sure looks like it. [Into The Gloss]
- The Clintons gave every guest at Oscar de la Renta’s NYFW show a stuffed elephant to remind people of the animals’ threat of extinction. Irony. [WWD]
- Please watch this Vine of Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen before their presentation of The Row’s spring ’15 collection. It’s hilariously awkward. [Who What Wear]
There’s more straight ahead!
- Cashmere season is almost upon us! To prep your cozy looks, read this handy guide to caring for your cashmere. (The key to washing: Do not wring or twist.). [Free People]
- We love the metallic temporary tattoo trend as much as the next person (see: the gorgeous tats from The Geisha House). However, temporary tattoos are just that—temporary. Which is why we’re a little baffled that 24 karat gold and 99.9% silver temporary tattoos just hit the market. [My Jewel Candy]
Keep reading for 30 ways to wear grown-up nail art this fall.
- Using a scientific algorithm that combs through editor’s picks, expert recs, consumer reviews and bestseller lists, the best drugstore foundation is … L’Oreal True Match. See the other nine picks here. [Rank & Style]
- The 52 pieces that will get you noticed at Fashion Week. Including Moschino’s $85 iPhone phone case. [The Cut]
Click here for the dumbest accessory that has ever been worn on a red carpet.
- Joseph Altuzarra’s long-awaited designer collection for Target is a mere 11 days away! Here’s your first look. [Target]
- This is the most exclusive, expensive online shopping club you’ve ever seen. (Wanna join? Good luck. “It’s not for around 90 percent of applicants.”) [Vogue]
Click for the definitive guide to applying false eyelashes, and a look at what NPR hosts wear to work. (It’s not what you think.)
- Summer is officially over. Let’s make ourselves feel better about this by looking back at some of summer’s worst fashion trends that we’ll hopefully never have to see again. (Distressed jorts and sheer maxi skirts, I’m talking about you.) [Styleite]
- This roundup of 15 ultra-chic ear piercings is enough to make anyone want to take a trip to Infinite Body Piercing now. [Refinery29]
Up next: Guess which J.Crew men’s shirt has its own Instagram account?
- Here is everything everyone wore to the Emmys last night, including one very awful pink ruffly skirt-dress thing (sorry, Lena). [The Cut]
- Even more fun than red carpet pics? Stars’ Instagram pics! Click here and see behind-the-scenes snaps of shoes, bags, primping, prepping, manis and McDonalds. [Grazie]
- This mini-profile and accompanying video of Betsey Johnson is truly awesome. Her house is just as colorfully crazy as she is. Watch it, and prepare to want to go home and change into something with lots of sequins. [StyleLikeU]
The posture-saving device and money-saving site you should know about, up next.