Hello, cheekbones. | Shutterstock.
- For better or worse, I’ve been at war with my roundish face for years. But instead of focusing on contouring (which I semi-hate), fuller-faced gals like me should instead opt for one of these face-flattering haircuts. [Byrdie]
- Bag drama: Jane Birkin — the namesake of the cultish Hermès Birkin bag — isn’t so happy with the way Hermès slaughters crocs for its Birkin Croco purses, and she wants her name off of them. [The Cut]
- More shakeups in the fashion world: Alexander Wang is rumored to be out as creative director of Balenciaga. The lengendary French fashion house is reportedly looking for more under-the-radar talent (i.e. someone who’s not besties with Lady Gaga). [WWD]
Next: Inside Khloé Kardashian’s enviable ‘fitness closet.’
The wrong hair color can be seriously aging. | Shutterstock.
- Blonder doesn’t always mean better. Turns out, going too light can actually make you look much older than you actually are. Here’s why. [PopSugar]
- The iconic Chuck Taylor shoe (which is nearly 100 years old!) is getting an update for the first time ever. While the kicks look similar to the originals, the new design features a padded tongue, increased arch support, more durable canvas and a breathable, perforated suede lining. They’ll hit shelves on July 28th. [CNN]
- My pet peeve: cheap hotel pens, which are so easy to hoard. Same goes for restaurant matchbooks (except for the ones from Parc) and plastic hangers. Here’s a list of the eight home items you need to throw out now. Clutter, be gone! [Refinery29]
Next: The double-bag trend.
- As the ever-steepening prices of J.Crew begin to deter even the staunchest loyalists, the company has announced that it will open a new chain of low-priced stores called J.Crew Mercantile. The first outpost opens later this month in Dallas, and will be much like Old Navy is to Gap. [Fortune]
- Move over, Kickstarter: Etsy is dipping its toes into crowd-funding space with a two-month pilot program called Fund on Etsy. What this means for you: If you have an Etsy account, you can help finance a product you love. [Racked]
Next: Ed Hardy founder dies; why you should stop throwing away shoeboxes.
- Wearing high heels with shorts can be tricky territory. Follow these rules (the biggie: avoid pairing super-short shorts with super-high heels) to nail the look. [WhoWhatWear]
- Sad news: Burt Shavitz, the bearded, retired beekeeper who founded cosmetic empire Burt’s Bees, died over the weekend at age 80. The story of his life — much of which he spent living in a cabin in Maine with no heat or running water — is fascinating. [WWD]
- Today marks the debut of Cupcakes and Cashmere blogger Emily Schuman’s first clothing collection. Shop it here. [Shopbop]
Up next: The Army is getting a whole new uniform look.